hike recommendation for east side of RMNP

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
EricB
14ers: 2 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: hike recommendation for east side of RMNP

Post by EricB »

Doctor No wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:Not too difficult, and you lose most people after the Loch.
Heck, you lose most people after Alberta Falls. :lol:
If you know your way around the Park, you'll never even pass Alberta Falls...

And if you're going to Andrews Tarn, you should throw in Sky Pond as well.
djkest
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

I like the "twin sisters" as well on the east side. Good trail, some scrambling above treeline at the end, nice views of Longs peak from the summit. Is a more popular trail, is outside of RMNP. All the other suggestions are great.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
Doctor No
14ers: 35  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

EricB wrote:If you know your way around the Park, you'll never even pass Alberta Falls...
I love the back way via Lake Hiayaha. The shortcut around the Knobs is nice, too, although if it's non-busy time of year, I like seeing the Falls.
mountain_man
14ers: 38  1 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mountain_man »

Doctor No wrote: I've always wanted to do the East-West traverse, too. Some day, some day...
That's on my list of things to to do as well.
"To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy." - Billie Joe Armstrong
"What I know I could put into a pack as if it were bread and cheese, and carry it on one shoulder, important and honorable, but so small! While everything else continues, unexplained, and unexplainable." - Mary Oliver
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

mountain_man wrote:
Doctor No wrote: I've always wanted to do the East-West traverse, too. Some day, some day...
That's on my list of things to to do as well.
We went from Bear Lake to Granby years back. Simply put, it's incredible. Get a backcountry permit to camp up near Lake Nanita. Bring your fishing rod. You won't be sorry you did.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason