Several High PA peaks in a day

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TK
14ers: 17 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Several High PA peaks in a day

Post by TK »

Thought I'd give this a shot since there's so many fun people here.

Now that I only return to Colorado on occasions, I've been working on a local project to climb the top 50 peaks in my current state (Pennsylvania). There's no guidebook at all, so it's a totally different ball game.

I've scouted a route to cross 4 of the top 11 peaks in a day, with a little bit of road running in between peaks. I'm working on getting permission from a couple of land owners. I wouldn't mind having an ambitious and competent partner. If I can sort out the access issues, would anyone be interested?

Mt. Davis (#1), Glade Mtn. (#3), Winding Ridge (#11), and Boardman Ridge (#4). You should expect bush-wacking through a bit of thick forest on Winding Ridge, and possibly the upper stretch of Boardman Ridge.
"If you're not sure where you are, but you haven't taken the time to stop and look at the map, you're not lost, just lazy." -Darran Wells
rlovingjr
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Several High PA peaks in a day

Post by rlovingjr »

The views are drastically different when climbing mountains in my home state or should I say lack of views.

Most of the stuff we climbed was near out township's hunting cabin in Potter County

Enjoy the new surroundings and get out of the woods before hunting season.