There is an updated version on the FTP now that corrects a couple of issues, most notably the cancelling of a photo download. It doesn't address the fact that a download that is stopped by enabling airplane mode sort of goes into no man's land yet, but that may be an android issue since the system is not registering an error that I can use to fail the download.
I changed a couple of other cosmetic things as well, but the download thread is the big one. Bill updated the size of the maps last night at my suggestion, so try a few out and see if you think they're too big/too slow or if they improve things. The most drastically changed one was the Routes Overview Map on each Peak Page.If anyone saw my post from last night and installed the version that I had up between about 10pm last night and about 6:30 this morning, then you'll want to re-install because there was a nasty bug in that one which Bill found.
Addressing some other issues:
TeamDino5280 wrote:The first thing that I have found is on the overview TOPO maps and the "TOPO Map" option under peak details. When I try to zoom in with my fingers to see the detail, the map "jumps" to the far left side of the map. I tried this on a couple different maps with the same result.
This is due to the size of the maps, and the way that the web browser (which is how those pictures are rendered) handles images that are smaller than the view. The increase in map size may impact this a bit, let me know.
bblack99 wrote:I think there's a space missing under Section 2 (Copyright) between "of" and "14ers.com" in the last sentence.
Fixed. Good catch! Hopefully everyone will read that stuff as carefully as you did.
On any trailhead page, the question mark next to "Road Difficulty" is a nice popup and I understand the screen real estate concerns, but would it be possible to pop up all of the difficulties instead of just 0 and 6? Touristy types might be most concerned with the dividing line between 2WD and 4WD, but the first line under Road Info defines the actual difficulty of the road. This same situation occurs with the help text on "Exposure" on a route page.
This is a good point, I'll try some different wordings to see how it looks in terms of screen real estate.
Back on the trailhead page Torreys Peak > Grays Peak Trailhead > Load Trailhead conditions worked beautifully, but when I went to Refresh Conditions Reports, I got an error:
Code: Select all
Error loading trailhead conditions: Couldn't parse XML Data: <2>
Hitting Load again brought the conditions back up, but hitting Refresh again brought back the error (though momentarily) before refreshing.
I've seen this error occasionally as well, but you're the second tester to encounter it so it might be more common than I thought. I'll try to investigate the cause a bit more, but when I've seen it it's always been an error with the xml parser within android, so I'm not sure how much I can do. But I'll check into it.