launch of peakery.com!

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dskendall
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

launch of peakery.com!

Post by dskendall »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share the news that today I launched peakery.com, a new website that let's you claim the peaks you summit all over the world. So far it features over 150,000 peaks and famous peak bagging lists from the US, UK, and the world. You can read about all of the features the site offers at http://peakery.com/about/

Please check it out, hope you like it. Feedback much appreciated.

Scott
http://peakery.com
Artvandalay
14ers: 47  7 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (16)

Re: launch of peakery.com!

Post by Artvandalay »

Web page can not be found :(
Hi. I like to go outside.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Artvandalay wrote:Web page can not be found :(
It worked for me.
KentonB
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (3)

Post by KentonB »

Artvandalay wrote:Web page can not be found :(
That's odd, loads fine for me... just tested it again. Are you using the hyperlink?
mike offerman
14ers: 58 
13ers: 189
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mike offerman »

Just curious on where you came up with the peak list? You show Colorado as having 3240 peaks while listsofjohn has 4365 peaks. I found 2 top 100 Colorado peaks that are not listed.
Last edited by mike offerman on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

It seems like the start of a cool site, but like Mike said there are some odd holes. Is there a section to leave comments and suggestions on the site?
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
dskendall
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dskendall »

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that. I would love any feedback, I plan to keep improving the site. Please send any feedback to scott@peakery.com

@Mike The about page lists the data sources used so far. I am working on improving this now. What are the 2 missing top 100 CO peaks? I'll make sure those are added. Also I plan to add a way for anyone to add a peak in the future.

Thanks for checking out the site.

Scott
mountainmicah83
14ers: 58  3  10 
13ers: 10 1
Trip Reports (24)

Post by mountainmicah83 »

On both my home and work computers the page comes up for a split second and then then goes to a page not found.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com
zoomie83
14ers: 40 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (1)

Post by zoomie83 »

On both my home and work computers the page comes up for a split second and then then goes to a page not found.
Same thing on my computer
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

The site seems to work alright in Firefox. I took a look at and so far I just have on thing to mention -- I guess I'm impartial to the use of the word "bagged", but I know some well-experienced people take issue with the use of that term. It kind of trivializes the accomplishment of summiting a mountain -- especially if it's a particularly difficult climb. I don't think anyone who has summited Siula Grande or even Denali or Everest would claim they "bagged" them.

Just my $0.02....
kaiman
Trip Reports (10)

Post by kaiman »

mountainmicah83 wrote:On both my home and work computers the page comes up for a split second and then then goes to a page not found.
Works fine for me. Your issues sounds like a Firewall conflict or DNS cache problem. Try checking your Firewall settings or if using IE add it to your Safe Sites list. Also try clearing your browser history and flushing your DNS cache to see if the page opens correctly when you re-visit it.
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"I haven't climbed Everest, skied to the poles, or sailed single-handed around the world. The goals I set out to accomplish aren't easily measured or quantified by world records or "firsts." The reasons I climb, and the climbs I do, are about more than distance or altitude, they are about breaking barriers within myself."

- Andy Kirkpatrick
dskendall
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dskendall »

I've confirmed that the site is not working in Internet Explorer right now. I'll look into it. In the meantime, it's working fine in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

Scott