Emergency - Kevin8020

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
bckcntryskr
14ers: 17  11 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Emergency - Kevin8020

Post by bckcntryskr »

Peace be with you Kevin8020. You were a great climber and supporter of many. May the Lord bless your family and Travis at this time.
Did I mention that "I hate postholing"
Wishiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wishiker »

stay strong pal, prayers go out to his family.
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

dfish wrote: by dfish » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:12 pm
Earlier posts mention the parallels between Kevin and Lygon Stevens (who also died on Little Bear and who was also known for her faith), and I think the families & friends of both Kevin and Lygon could be a comfort to each other. I don't know either of the families myself, but here are some links about Lygon which may help Kevin's family & friends decide if they want to connect (if they haven't already):

http://www.climbingforchrist.org/Defaul ... tabid=2443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.heightsoffaith.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 Samuel 22:34 "He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me on my high places..."
Truly, Kevin is safe with God, restored in God, happy with God. Time is only a constraint for us on earth. Kevin is no longer constrained by time, but he is with you for eternity as he does not have to "wait" to be with you since eternity has no beginning and no end. What an awesome gift his presence in your lives has been and his memory will continue to be.
Amen, Brother. May the Blessed Hope he had, even after the fall on Little Bear, spread elsewhere with enduring joy: Titus 2:13.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
timberlinecolorado56
14ers: 58 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by timberlinecolorado56 »

I have some connections to both families. The Stevens have a great testimony. You know it has been said that Kevin had an amazing future ahead of him, and he definitely did. But Kevin's future now is more amazing than he could have ever had on this earth! My prayers go up to the family and all his friends, but I also rejoice in his life and the love he had for Jesus Christ and his enjoyment of God's beautiful creation.
All creation declares the beauty and majesty of the Lord God Almighty.

"In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him... come let us bow down in worship... for he is our God." Psalm 95:5-7
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

Travis, could you check with the family to see if they would be OK with people from 14ers.com showing up for the service to show support. I don't want to overwhelm them, though it sounds like they'll be expecting a lot of people anyway.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com
travis19877
14ers: 23  3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by travis19877 »

They would love to see all of Kevin's friend's as well as those who knew of him on 14ers. Anyone who wants to is welcome to come.
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God
bblack99
14ers: 9 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (3)

Post by bblack99 »

I've been away on business and just read this thread cover-to-cover...

To Travis: You made incredibly difficult decisions and did everything within your power to help your partner. Thank you for leading the charge to honor your friend and his wishes.
To Kevin's family: My deepest condolences for your loss. I apologize for not having anything more prophetic to say, but my heart goes out to all of you.
To the 14ers.com community: This is an amazing climbing family and I have no doubt that its members will help honor Kevin tastefully. I love you guys!
summersja
14ers: 18  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by summersja »

Travis- just sent you a email- please read and respond at your convenience.
greenwok
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by greenwok »

Travis - will see you there. Dave - working to rearrange a trip to Toronto scheduled for Monday out of COS - will anticipate flying out of DEN later in the day driving or Taxiing up Monday. PM or Call my mobile 714-393-3091 if you want to try coordinating. KG
travis19877 wrote:They would love to see all of Kevin's friend's as well as those who knew of him on 14ers. Anyone who wants to is welcome to come.
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

travis19877 wrote:They would love to see all of Kevin's friend's as well as those who knew of him on 14ers. Anyone who wants to is welcome to come.
Travis, I'm not going to be able to make the service, as much as I'd like to. I have some work meetings on Monday and would not be able to get back from Denver in time. I do, however, want to make a contribution to a memorial fund as soon as one is set up. I know this goes without saying, but please do keep us updated as to when one is established.
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

Sorry for the loss, it was a real sorrow to hear the news. It's wonderful to see everyone pull together for this. Once again the 14ers.com community amazes me and makes me glad I'm part of it.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
travis19877
14ers: 23  3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by travis19877 »

Don't worry about not being able to make it. I'm sure they understand and there is no obligation to me there.

Information on donations and the memorial funds will be up shortly.
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God