Has anyone seen any Green Bears lately?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JA_son27
14ers: 54  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (31)

Has anyone seen any Green Bears lately?

Post by JA_son27 »

Has anyone been up to Green Mt. or Bear Peak lately? Taking some out of town releatives up for a hike and was curious of the conditions up in Boulder. Thanks for any info you may have!
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Eph 2 5
14ers: 43 
13ers: 94
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Has anyone seen any Green Bears lately?

Post by Eph 2 5 »

I talked to a guy yesterday who said there's still quite a bit of snow on Green Mountain. I don't know how deep. I may be hiking it on Tuesday so I'll let you know what I experience (if you haven't already hiked it with your relatives).
mtnbikir
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnbikir »

Yes, I have several (Green and other Colors) in a transparent window sticker on both my garage.... this scene duplicated near my front door..... to scare away HOA boring old people in my neighborhood. (Hey, anybody want to buy a house in Trailmark?)

These green bears are also known as Grateful Dead Dancing Bears.

Actually just ordered some more GD stickers today after a conversation on the Panic Lift last weekend observing how much more snow MJ has than Vail.

Peace.
pnolans
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pnolans »

I have one riding a snowboard. I don't know what color it is. I was looking at the snowboard.
"Hey Queen Isabella,
stay away from that fella
He'll just get you into trouble, you know"
Common Sense John Prine
JA_son27
14ers: 54  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (31)

Post by JA_son27 »

very funny :D
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.