Summer Photo Contest!

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm

It's on, again!

Most people probably don't care about winning something from the 14ers.com store, so I'm going to give out REI Gift Cards.

Prizes:
1st Prize: $100 REI Gift Card
2nd Prize: $50 REI Gift Card
3rd Prize: $25 REI Gift Card

Submission Period: 06/22/2009 to 09/14/2009
Voting Period: 09/15/2009 to 09/28/2009
Winners Announced: 09/29/2009


14ers.com Summer Photo Contest
Click to upload your photo or view the guidelines and more information

Notice: Your photos do NOT become the property of 14ers.com and you can remove them at any time
.
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Some great submissions - keep them coming!!!
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Only 11 more days to enter photos!
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
User avatar
mattpayne11
Posts: 1081
Joined: 5/9/2009
14er Checklist (58)
13er Checklist (71)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby mattpayne11 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Bill,

I've already submitted a photo but think that maybe I should have submitted a different one. Is it possible to re-do my submission?
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Sure, if you upload a new one, it should remove the previous photo. If it doesn't, please let me know.
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
User avatar
Tory Wells
Posts: 1804
Joined: 7/10/2007
14er Checklist (46)
13er Checklist (21)

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby Tory Wells » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:11 pm

It's great to see that most photo submitters are practicing good photography ethics and submitting the photo au natural (i.e. without Photoshop-ing it). For a few others it is obvious that the photo has been greatly altered. I know there is no way to eliminate this from the contest, but I would ask of all submitters to use good ethics and present their photos as is. This is a Photo Contest......not a PhotoShop Contest. :wink:
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
User avatar
Ute Bill
Posts: 46
Joined: 7/22/2009
14er Checklist (32)
13er Checklist (4)

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby Ute Bill » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:01 pm

lanternerouge08 wrote:It's great to see that most photo submitters are practicing good photography ethics and submitting the photo au natural (i.e. without Photoshop-ing it). For a few others it is obvious that the photo has been greatly altered. I know there is no way to eliminate this from the contest, but I would ask of all submitters to use good ethics and present their photos as is. This is a Photo Contest......not a PhotoShop Contest. :wink:


It is important to note that a "raw"/"original" photo is not necessarily a reflection of reality. By slightly adjusting the brightness, contrast, and color of most digital photos, they become much more representative of the conditions.

Sure photoshopping can be way over-done, but for the most part, you are missing out on beuatiful pictures if you don't make a few simple adjustments to reflect the real conditions.

JMHO.
User avatar
Tory Wells
Posts: 1804
Joined: 7/10/2007
14er Checklist (46)
13er Checklist (21)

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby Tory Wells » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Ute Bill wrote:
lanternerouge08 wrote:It's great to see that most photo submitters are practicing good photography ethics and submitting the photo au natural (i.e. without Photoshop-ing it). For a few others it is obvious that the photo has been greatly altered. I know there is no way to eliminate this from the contest, but I would ask of all submitters to use good ethics and present their photos as is. This is a Photo Contest......not a PhotoShop Contest. :wink:


It is important to note that a "raw"/"original" photo is not necessarily a reflection of reality. By slightly adjusting the brightness, contrast, and color of most digital photos, they become much more representative of the conditions.

Sure photoshopping can be way over-done, but for the most part, you are missing out on beuatiful pictures if you don't make a few simple adjustments to reflect the real conditions.

JMHO.

Agreed, there is a huge difference between minor tweaks and adjustments, such as removing a blemish or adjusting the brightness, and completely changing the photograph using Photoshop, such as adding color that was never there to begin with. For my photo, I sharpened it to enhance detail. No other adjustments were made.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
adriang
Posts: 5
Joined: 9/14/2009
14er Checklist (42)

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby adriang » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Is there any way to still submit a photo? I know it's late but it's still the 14th. I just got back home and was hoping to submit a photo before the day was through!!!

Garrett
-----------------------------------
www.GarrettAdrianPhoto.com
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 am

adriang wrote:Is there any way to still submit a photo? I know it's late but it's still the 14th. I just got back home and was hoping to submit a photo before the day was through!!!

Garrett

Sorry, the submission period was from 06/22/2009 to 09/14/2009.
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 7525
Joined: 7/25/2004
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (46)
14ers in Winter (21)
13er Checklist (161)
Contact:

Re: Summer Photo Contest!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:24 am

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!
"I have made it through the things others would surely die just watching"
- Megadeth

Return to “14ers.com - Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests