Trouble on Torrey's Peak

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
snowbordnbum
14er Checklist (23)

Trouble on Torrey's Peak

Postby snowbordnbum » Wed May 25, 2005 9:14 pm

Bootsnall.com is a great independent travel website that has a new adventure section. Any of you that are interested in adventure or travel writing should check them out. They will publish most amateur stories.

They posted an adventure story I wrote about a hike up Kelso Ridge on Torreys. The story is all facts. My only excuse for being in that situation is that I was fairly new at mountaineering. We lived, and learned. Now its just another crazy story we have to tell our grandkids someday. Here is the link for the story.

Trouble on Torreys Peak
glodder
14er Checklist (58)
13er Checklist (1)

Postby glodder » Tue May 31, 2005 2:59 pm

Great and informative story! I've found many of the lightning stories people in this forum have shared to be very interesting. Luckily, it's never happened to me and I'll do my best to avoid it. I'm glad all of you who have encountered this are OK.

Glodder
pesky6
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby pesky6 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:47 pm

Great story. I got spooked by a small storm on my way back from Rosalie Peak via Epaulet Mtn. and the Mt. Evans auto road. I never felt a static buildup, but the thunder I heard made me double-time the last mile to my car. I had respect for electrical storms before--even moreso after this mini-scare. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Mountaineering Tales”