10 Year Anniversary

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Re: 10 Year Anniversary

Post by painless4u2 »

Yes, thank you. Without this site, I might have gotten some real work done during the day. :-D
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Happy Anniversary Bill!

I'm just curious, has Lisa every thought you were married to this site more than her?

Anyway, I echo the sentiments. I spend more time on this site than another….hands down! If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent on here, I too could be retired by now!
rharriman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rharriman »

Happy Anniversary Bill and 14ers.com.

This site is a awesome and the added mapping features and constant updates you provide will provide many more the opportunity to learn and meet lifelong friends and continue to make memories that will be remembered and most likely documented here as well.

Thanks for all you do here Bill.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

globreal wrote:I'm just curious, has Lisa every thought you were married to this site more than her?
Nah, but I'm pretty sure she gets sick of hearing about the site. =;

Oh, I should mention the site will be 14 years old in November. Only the forum is turning 10. Prior to the current forum, some of you may remember that we had a different, archaic forum for about a year.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
ulvetano
14ers: 58  9  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

Indeed, thanks Bill! I've met some great people thru the Forum and been turned on to many great weekends of climbing thru the sharing of ideas, plans, and community.
14ers.com rocks!

Charles
robnrhea
Trip Reports (1)

Post by robnrhea »

Thanks Bill, for such a great sight. For me, the average mountaineer, this has been an invaluable tool that I use just about every day. :bow:
jaymz
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jaymz »

Happy 10 years to the forum! It's the only internet forum that I've ever been a part of and frequented, because it's so different from any others I've seen. If someone were to write a history of this forum, I'd get that book in a heartbeat! So many stories, hilarious threads, amazing TRs, and even its fair share of tragedies that made this place feel more like family than some obscure collection of faceless internet users.
I've been a member for nearly 8 years, and to this day I still check the website every day, it's definitely my favorite.
Thanks for a great resource, Bill!

Here's to the next 10! :iluvbeer:
"But in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
John Muir
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

jaymz wrote:Here's to the next 10! :iluvbeer:
:faint:
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
MtnHub
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (50)

Post by MtnHub »

TYBM!! =D>
JeffR
14ers: 31 
13ers: 175
Trip Reports (13)

Post by JeffR »

Don't post here much, but I check in several times a day at a bare minimum. This site is easily in my top 10, for its layout as well as its information.

Massive thanks to Bill and all the helpful posters. =D>

No thanks to the trolls - you know who you are!
To recognize the beauty in sadness, without playing host to the pain...
- Under the Sun, "Reflections"
taylorzs
14ers: 57  35  3 
13ers: 95 31 9
Trip Reports (76)

Post by taylorzs »

Thanks Bill!
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

http://www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Billy the Kid
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Billy the Kid »

JeffR wrote:Don't post here much, but I check in several times a day at a bare minimum. This site is easily in my top 10, for its layout as well as its information.

Massive thanks to Bill and all the helpful posters. =D>

No thanks to the trolls - you know who you are!
Hey, you have now posted 666 times. You need to make one more post ASAP! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

\:D/ \:D/
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."- Michael Scott