Grizzly to Lenawee

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bichito
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Grizzly to Lenawee

Post by bichito »

Thanks! I will check the weather...
brankulo
14ers: 14 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by brankulo »

op here. finally managed to get out and do A-Basin traverse today. The traverse is awesome. It is nowhere near being class 4 or 5 though. Unless you get off route (of course there is no official route but you can sort of follow faint trail here and there) or you purposely make it so, as there is a lot of opportunity for higher difficulty. after dropping down a bit from Grizzly the fun ridge begins. the first section going over Black Mountain is where class 3 difficulty is. I either stayed on the ridge or skirted to my right. great scrambling, even though rock was flaky snowy and slick in places. after the summit of Black Mountain and dropping down to where red/beige dirt begins it is all class 2 hiking with maybe easy class 3 here and there. all the way to the ski resort. on the way down to road, i was able to convince the guy to let me take the chairlift down and then hitched ride back up to the pass.
highly recommend/
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Thanks for the beta. I have always wanted to do this. Ventured over to Grizzly once from the top of the pass, and for some reason dropped down the steep gully that drains its west flank right down to A-Basin (I think it was weather). About 100 yards or so above 6 and the DoT shed I found in the trees a pair of skis in good condition. Just left 'em by the road. The DoT guy drove us up to the pass summit, thankfully.
please rotate your device