Lady Washington and Longs trailhead conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AyeYo
14ers: 13 
13ers: 13 3
Trip Reports (0)

Lady Washington and Longs trailhead conditions?

Post by AyeYo »

I know it's a long shot that anyone has actually gone out there during the last couple days of snow/rain, but figured I'd ask. Looking to do Lady Washington tomorrow, but biggest concern is snow conditions on the approach. I know there was at least a combined foot predicted over the past couple days, but not sure how wind affected that and how much is actually on the ground. I'm not really in the mood for needing snow shoes and the dog won't make it through more than 6-8 inches. Webcams around Estes and pointed at Longs don't seem to show much snow on the ground. Maybe the wind kept it from accumulating.
koeffling
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 130 3
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Lady Washington and Longs trailhead conditions?

Post by koeffling »

Not sure of conditions, I live in the front range and am eagerly awaiting the clouds to roll out so I can catch a glimpse of Longs and Meeker, just wanted to mention that dogs are not allowed in the Nat'l Park.
In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous. -Aristotle

If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. -African Proverb
koeffling
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 130 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by koeffling »

Current webcam.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (192.89 KiB) Viewed 773 times
In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous. -Aristotle

If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. -African Proverb
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

The dog can't hike MLW since it's in RMNP, so you only need to worry how much snow you can make it through.
turbocat
14ers: 56 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (2)

Post by turbocat »

I summit'd MLW on Friday 10/23. Did not need snowshoes or spikes. We went up the standard SE ridge route and descended off the NE ridge. Poles were helpful though. There should be a good trail our party of 6 carved out. There was snow from the trail head with a well beaten path. Above treeline expect windblown no coverage to sections of 2-3 feet of unconsolidated snow drifting in between the large talus. It should have iced up over the weekend but probably got more coverage as well. Definitely has turned to winter up there.
When the going gets weird...the weird turn Pro. HST