Mount Edwards from Guanella Pass

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
big_red_pride
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (6)

Mount Edwards from Guanella Pass

Post by big_red_pride »

I'm looking at possibly hiking up Mount Edwards on Sunday and taking the approach from Guanella Pass (Leavenworth Creek). I understand the road is now open which is fantastic. Has anyone hiked up there lately? I'm sure there is still a lot of snow, but I'm looking for any beta possible to help me decide if this is the weekend I should attempt this hike or if I should wait for another time. Thanks in advance for any information that I receive.

Hike on!
Steve
pescara11
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Mount Edwards from Guanella Pass

Post by pescara11 »

Steve,

I noticed your post from early June, and I'm wondering if you did go up Mt. Edwards, and if so, what the snow conditions were. Am looking to hike it this weekend pending snow conditions.

THAnks,
jen