Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Thinking ahead to Memorial Day and I am looking for partners to do a climb or two with. I am currently looking at Mt Massive - hiking in and camping Friday then climbing Saturday. Also would like to possibly hit Little Bear depending on snow/ice conditions in the gulley. If anybody is interested in either of these climbs, please let me know.
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir
Not sure what days for little bear. It might depend on if my friend is willing to drive the road so we don't have to walk it. I will let you know when my plans firm up.
Nothing Memorial Day weekend but I get busy in June!!! June 1st is my 14th annual hike up Pikes Peak. Everyone is welcome. Have about 5 right now. We always try to arrange a ride down, because we can!!! I'm looking at Crestone Peak June 8th, and Culebra the 15th or 22nd.
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.5" lift that should make it close to Lake Como.
Stereo, I am not sure what others have experienced but I know most can only get past jaws 1 with atleast a rear locker. I made it to jaws 1 pretty easily last year in my cherokee with 2" and 31's. I chose to stop and park there.
I'd potentially be interested in LB.
I'm very interested in LB! I would love a ride with someone as well, since my Rav4 isn't getting far up the road at all!
At this point it looks like Little Bear is going to be out by Memorial Day weekend pending a good snow dump. It sounds like the hourglass is already getting very icy and dangerous. I have considered the SW ridge route also if anyone would be interested in that. Also, does anyone have condition info for the crestones? They would be my second choice.