Belford, Missouri, and Oxford on August 20th

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
bwca
14er Checklist (44)
13er Checklist (5)

Belford, Missouri, and Oxford on August 20th

Postby bwca » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello,
I'm planing on hiking Belford, Missouri, and Oxford on August 20th and I wanted to see if anyone would like to join me? My fitness background is rooted in running 5k's - 1/2 Marathon. Typically during a 14er I like to keep a brisk hiking pace going up and if the trail is clear I'll jog/run going down. I've done a handful of group hikes where each of use has a two-way radio and we keep tabs on the group if we get split up.

Regards,
bwca@hotmail.com (chad)
rockchalker
14er Checklist (34)

Re: Belford, Missouri, and Oxford on August 20th

Postby rockchalker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 am

Chad, We will be in Missouri Gulch in early September otherwise we could join you for at least a portion of your trip. Although doing all 3 in a day is doable I think it makes for a very long day. Have you thought about first doing Belford/Oxford, spending the night at treeline, and doing Missouri the next day?
"Richness is defined not by who has the most but by who needs the least."
gonzalj
14er Checklist (40)
14ers in Winter (1)
13er Checklist (13)

Postby gonzalj » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:34 am

I was also thinking of doing belford & oxford sometime during labor day weekend if anyone wants to join. I'm going to save mizzou for another time.
cdorion
14er Checklist (31)

Postby cdorion » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 am

Hey there bwca!

I'll be on the belford group on august 20th, but I'm taking two days- climbing belford/oxford friday the 19th, and then missouri on the 20th. I posted a separate thread on it since my itinerary is a bit different than yours (taking a four day weekend), but if you'd like to join up for a portion of your route on the 20th, I'd certainly be up for it!
----------------
"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration."
-Thomas A. Edison,

"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search... I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor."
-Nikola Tesla
bwca
14er Checklist (44)
13er Checklist (5)

Postby bwca » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

rockchalker wrote:Chad, We will be in Missouri Gulch in early September otherwise we could join you for at least a portion of your trip. Although doing all 3 in a day is doable I think it makes for a very long day. Have you thought about first doing Belford/Oxford, spending the night at treeline, and doing Missouri the next day?

Rockchalker I agree this sounds like a long day. I was thinking of camping Friday night (19th August) near the trail head, to get an early start on the hike. I'll start with hiking Belford and Oxford and then seeing if it makes sense to do Missouri. I've got family obligations Sunday so I can't camp and do Missouri the next day(August 21st).

Return to “Climbing Connection”