Mt. Wetterhorn Sept 10th

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
sonny4012
14er Checklist Not Entered

Mt. Wetterhorn Sept 10th

Postby sonny4012 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 am

Hey all, a friend (24 year old female) and I (25year old male) want to climb Wetterhorn on Sept 10th. We are looking for someone with Class 3 experience and a moderate pace. I have done 8 14ers thus far and only one Class 3 (Bierstadt-Sawtooth-Evans). We just finished DeCaLiBron this past weekend in 5:10 so thats the speed we are looking for. My friend is a female that can crush uphills and is tough as nails. Neither of us can abide bitching on the mountain (brings down whole group) so NO complainers!
Cheers,
Jeff, 8)
Looking to start the hike around 5AM and will most likely camp at trailhead
jmnhawk
14er Checklist (33)
13er Checklist (14)

Re: Mt. Wetterhorn Sept 10th

Postby jmnhawk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 am

Jeff,
I would love to have partners for Wetterhorn during my next trip to CO and I should be fully acclimatized by the 10th. From the sounds of your plan (starting at 5, camp at TH, no whining) I would get along with you and your friend. My experience with 'harder' routes on 14ers is limited to Crestone Needle, Crestone Peak, and the Inwood Arete on Quandary. If you're looking for people with a little more class 3 experience, I totally understand and no hard feelings. PM me if you want to try to work out a plan.
John

Return to “Climbing Connection”