14er week August 8-11 or 12?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
jagfoot04
14er Checklist (9)
13er Checklist (2)

14er week August 8-11 or 12?

Postby jagfoot04 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey I am coming into Colorado for the week and I am wanting to do some climbing. I am going to be around the Denver area around the 9-11th so the front range/ mosquito range would be doable for me. I was thinking of doing one in the Sawatch range which for me I would prefer Mt Elbert on the 8th. For the 9th I was thinking Longs Peak. Then the 10th do Grays and Torreys. The 11th I could do one in the Mosquito/ten mile range and for the 12th do one in the Sangre de Cristo Range. I may be willing to spread it out a little more so that I don't kill myself since i am being pretty ambitious, so I could have my climbing days on the 9th, 11, 12, 13, and 15th of August. I'll stay fairly flexible for this ambitious project. At this point I do not have any climbing partners right now, so I will go ahead and be open about my skill level. For 14er standards I am definitely about average and will not be breaking any records any time soon. I have climbed only 3 and summited 2 14ers, but I have stayed in shape working out here in MO and the cooler air and lower humidity should help me out quite a bit :D Anyways if you have suggestions or would like to come along for one or more you can reply back or email me at jagfoot04@gmail.com. THX
J Grote

But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.(William Arthur Ward)
gonzalj
14er Checklist (40)
14ers in Winter (1)
13er Checklist (13)

Re: 14er week August 8-11 or 12?

Postby gonzalj » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 pm

I was planning on attempting uncompahgre either on the 13th or 14th if you would like to join.
jagfoot04
14er Checklist (9)
13er Checklist (2)

Postby jagfoot04 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:11 pm

I'll keep my options open for that one. San Juan range is a small stretch for me, but at this point any of them will do for me. If I am going to go out there I'll do it on the 13th.
J Grote

But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.(William Arthur Ward)
jagfoot04
14er Checklist (9)
13er Checklist (2)

Postby jagfoot04 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:32 pm

I am going to go ahead and set my plans now. I will be climbing Princeton on the 9th. Grays and Torreys on the 10th. Longs on the 11th. and Humboldt on the 12th. Let me know if you would like to come along :D
J Grote

Return to “Climbing Connection”