Talus Monkey Memorial, Saturday, 2-5

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

OBX Fisherman wrote:Let me revise the attire for Saturdays memorial, I will were khakis and a nice shirt, but everyone should were what ever they feel comfortable with! David never liked requirements!

Way back in 1992 or 93 David joined the Kappa Delta Pi honor society when he was attending Appalachian State University. I guess this is a very prestigious honor society and all new member were nice suits to the induction ceremony. David being the non-conformist he is wore a suit and tie... along with roller blades and his Oakley sunglasses! The induction ceremony went on but the next day David was summoned to the Deans office and scolded for the "inappropriate behavior" David laughed it off!!!!

Gary
OBX, Where exactly are you and David from in NC? I graduated from high school in Asheville in '95. I had several friends go to App and spent a good amount of time in Boone. The more I hear about him, the more I feel we would have had in common. I feel it's unfortunate that our paths didn't cross, I would have enjoyed a conversation or two with the infamous TM.
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Gary, thanks a lot for letting us know, and for the invite.

Gotta catch a flight to Virginia this morning (Friday), but Jen and I would've loved to attend. Even though we won't be there, just know that you and all of David's friends and family will be in our thoughts.

I hope to meet/climb with many of you this summer.

Aubrey