Book now available-Dances at Moonrise

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Book now available-Dances at Moonrise

Post by globreal »

As we are approaching the two year anniversary of the passing of Dances at Moonrise (Jim DiNapoli) I have been asked to share something with the 14ers community. Most of us who have been a part of 14ers.com for a long time know how well Jim told stories and his trip reports were legendary. Well, his legacy lives on in the newly published book "Dances at Moonrise."
His dear friend Laura Janca, had several of Jim's 14ers.com trip reports published, and has books available for those who would like to remember Jim in this way. You can contact her at ljjanca@yahoo.com. Books are just $10, plus shipping - unless you would like to get a copy from her in person. She is in Colorado Springs.

(Please note, Laura is not using this as a ploy to make money, just a way to remember one of our community members.)
Attachments
SKU-000993690_COVER_V2-low_edited.jpg
SKU-000993690_COVER_V2-low_edited.jpg (178.24 KiB) Viewed 5262 times
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: Book now available-Dances at Moonrise

Post by Jay521 »

Thank you, Britt!!!!!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
HULKHIKEGOOD
14ers: 19 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (2)

Post by HULKHIKEGOOD »

Thanks for sharing this! I will definitely be getting a copy!
RyGuy
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 230 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RyGuy »

globreal wrote:As we are approaching the two year anniversary of the passing of Dances at Moonrise (Jim DiNapoli) I have been asked to share something with the 14ers community. Most of us who have been a part of 14ers.com for a long time know how well Jim told stories and his trip reports were legendary. Well, his legacy lives on in the newly published book "Dances at Moonrise."
His dear friend Laura Janca, had several of Jim's 14ers.com trip reports published, and has books available for those who would like to remember Jim in this way. You can contact her at ljjanca@yahoo.com. Books are just $10, plus shipping - unless you would like to get a copy from her in person. She is in Colorado Springs.

(Please note, Laura is not using this as a ploy to make money, just a way to remember one of our community members.)
Thanks for sharing this, Britt! I always love reading Jim's TR's and am looking forward to getting my copy of the book.
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

Thanks for sharing Britt. Jim had so many talents, and seemed to excel at so many things. Such was the case with this storytelling through his trip reports. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I remember telling Jim several times, as I am sure many did, that he should consider publishing his photography at a minimum. Glad to see this coming to fruition. What a great way to remember Jim.
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

Placed my order. I am grateful that I got to know Jim as well as I did, and climb with him on a few occasions on both rock and on winter 14ers. I wish he could have finished the list, it meant so much to him.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

I will be ordering this as well. Jim was a great guy, and shared so much with everyone including myself. The last time I saw him was at GOG, and he was just as happy as ever to be out climbing it seemed. I wish I was as a good a climber as he always thought I was, and I always told him that one day I would be as good as he was. Not sure if that will ever happen or not, but I do wish he was around so I could find out :) Can't wait to give this book a read.
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
scott goldberg
14ers: 41  2 
13ers: 37 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by scott goldberg »

Got it, read it, completely enjoyed it; a great tribute to Jim!
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

I also am enjoying this book a lot - thanks Laura for doing this! A great tribute to Jim.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
rmattas
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rmattas »

thanks laura, enjoyed the book...
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton
smrcka
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 116
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smrcka »

scott goldberg wrote:Got it, read it, completely enjoyed it; a great tribute to Jim!
Same here - thoroughly enjoyed it! Received it within two days of ordering it too...
It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err. - Mahatma Gandhi

To be aware is to be alive!
dannymiller15
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dannymiller15 »

Great book - good for the soul. I miss his TRs and blogs.