Steve Gladbach

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Re: Steve Gladbach

Post by USAKeller »

I've been in touch with Kiefer, and with his permission, here is a short update from some texts: SAR has called off the search tonight because the chopper didn't see anything in or at the bottom of the couloirs. Kiefer still is intent on going in tomorrow.

An honest prayer to God for everyone involved in this.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Thoughts and prayers for Steve and all involved. [-o<
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Hang in there Steve.....praying for the best.....
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
MountainDawg
14ers: 58  8  23 
13ers: 119
Trip Reports (4)

Post by MountainDawg »

[-o<
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

Trying to think positively. Thoughts with him and everyone participating in the search and rescue efforts.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
hornpeak
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hornpeak »

Thoughts and prayers for everyone!
shaunster_co
14ers: 40  3  3 
13ers: 51 9
Trip Reports (5)

Post by shaunster_co »

Positive thoughts here, I sincerely hope all this turns out. [-o<
dmccool
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dmccool »

I just spoke to Peter from Mountain Rescue Aspen (Rock-a-fella on the forum). He asked that anyone who is planning to assist in or conduct a search for Steve tomorrow morning stay on the valley floor. These are his exact words. MRA will have helicopters and numerous SAR members on the mountain starting around 4:00-4:30am. He was very clear about this request. He appreciates all of the desires to help, but he is concerned things might get too crowded and therefore hinder the search.

Let's just continue to be positive and hope this all ends well for Steve and for the rescue teams.
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

EDIT: Kiefer says a team will head up 7:30-8 tomorrow morning.

Still praying for everyone.
semitrueskerm
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (4)

Post by semitrueskerm »

Prayers for Steve and the searchers. Staying positive.
Scotzman
14ers: 14  1 
13ers: 7 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Scotzman »

Prayers for Steve's safe return and for the safety and efficient work of all those involved in the search! Godspeed!
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Keeping Steve and all the rescue personnel in my thoughts and prayers for safety and a positive resolution to this crisis.
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius