Kevin Hayne Photo Memorial Thread

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Kevin Hayne Photo Memorial Thread

Post by randalmartin »

Kevin has occupied by thoughts many times over the last days, but none more than yesterday as I hiked up San Luis Peak. As I will do the rest of the Summer I signed the summit register "In Memory of Kevin Hayne". Unfortunately I failed to get a picture of the summit register. :(

I LOVE the summit pictures by anasarca76 and jduncan. Way to go guys.
Gueza
14ers: 58  58  21 
13ers: 41 14
Trip Reports (15)

Post by Gueza »

Kevin, your faith was an inspiration to my own. Thank you for sharing your experience on the bells freely with me, you made me closer to God. Thank you.
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well-perserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, HOLY SH%T!!...WHAT A HELL OF A RIDE!!!!"
Good luck breeds bad habits.
jayhaddix
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jayhaddix »

I never had the chance to meet Kevin, but I've been thinking a lot about him since his passing. He sounded like a truly remarkable young man. No doubt he is in Heaven, looking down on us. Three of us hiked the Decalibron this past Sat in his honor...

Jay, Scott and Jordan
DSC024882.JPG
DSC024882.JPG (44.5 KiB) Viewed 6144 times
greenwok
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by greenwok »

+1
lostsheep5 wrote:Kevin, your faith was an inspiration to my own. Thank you for sharing your experience on the bells freely with me, you made me closer to God. Thank you.
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well-perserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, HOLY SH%T!!...WHAT A HELL OF A RIDE!!!!"
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
Lon Hayne
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lon Hayne »

Thank you for honoring my nephew, Kevin. It means a lot to all of us, and I am sure to him, too.

Lon Hayne
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Lon Hayne wrote:Thank you for honoring my nephew, Kevin. It means a lot to all of us, and I am sure to him, too.

Lon Hayne
Lon, Peace be with you and your family today and all days. I will not be at the memorial, but I know it will be an amazing event reflecting on all of Kevin's brief, but wonderful, 18 years with us all.

And just wait, check back in a couple weeks and months - this thread will survive and will be great to watch through the summer. There are a lot of awesome people on this site who will keep Kevin's memory alive.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

We left the print-outs in the summit register if anyone wants to make use of them.
South Little Bear -- where we came from -- is in the background
South Little Bear -- where we came from -- is in the background
terry_littlebearsummit01a.jpg (344.42 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

tmathews wrote:We left the print-outs in the summit register if anyone wants to make use of them.
terry_littlebearsummit01a.jpg
Good call Terry; I think we'll do something similar for Snowmass Mountain this weekend.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
mountaintan
14ers: 18 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mountaintan »

God be with you Kevin
06-19-10_1304%20(2)[1].jpg
06-19-10_1304%20(2)[1].jpg (106.46 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
Mount Yale 6/19/2010
rockchalker
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (25)

Post by rockchalker »

I think this a great idea and think it would great to be able to get a photo from each of the 54 by the end of the summer. So far we have Yale, Little Bear, Harvard, Massive and Democrat/Lincoln/Bross. Maybe someone could then put together a photo collage of all of the photo tributes. Everyone should put the name of the peak on their tributes as well for easy identification.
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving."
jam6880
14ers: 57  10  4 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jam6880 »

The memorial this morning was good. i was there for the whole thing and about a million people showed up for it. i gave a hand shake to the dad that lead in to a hug and told them my condolence from me and 14ers.com
gurlyclimber
14ers: 34 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gurlyclimber »

I never met Kevin but I certainly thought of him while on my peaks yesterday.