10 essentials luxury add on

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
3rdGenNative
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 10 essentials luxury add on

Post by 3rdGenNative »

I've got a roll-up Crazy Creek chair. Yeah, it's big and weighs over a pound but it's so nice to sit on something beside a rock or a log. It can also serve as an ultra lite sleeping pad and, as a wilderness first responder, it can be used to lay an injured person on or as a splint. Winter or summer it's on the side of my pack.
"There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will never again settle for less."
Kurt Hahn-Founder of Outward Bound

"Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God." George Washington Carver
Tony1
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 261 11 5
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Tony1 »

CorduroyCalves wrote:
scalba123 wrote:Laminated summit sign
I think that can be found on the actual 10 Essentials List--Millennial Version.
Choo choo! Train's arrived right on time, folks. All aboard!

Serious contribution to thread: Candy bar for a summit indulgence (Fast Break or Snickers, typically).
RhodoRose
14ers: 58 
13ers: 11 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RhodoRose »

Summit celebration libation of choice is Captain Morgan Spiced Rum \:D/
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3: 13-14
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

RhodoRose wrote:Summit celebration libation of choice is Captain Morgan Spiced Rum \:D/

You can thank me later.
RhodoRose
14ers: 58 
13ers: 11 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RhodoRose »

SkaredShtles, That looks awesome and after midnight tonight I'm off for 4 days, so I'll thank you now!
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3: 13-14
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

I also carry a foam pad on every hike, one of my most used pieces of gear, and probably a luxury add on.

My new essential luxury add on, dry socks, at least one pair. I put my feet through some interesting stuff this past summer, my feet were grotesque by the second week on the CT. It rained almost everyday and a fresh pair of dry socks became a new found luxury.

The planning of when you will change socks
The anticipation of how much better your feet are going to feel
Finally, the changing of socks...my 11th essential
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."