Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by jdorje »

As a long term beer snob, I don't usually post about the beer du jour. Variety is all.

But the barrel aged wee heavy scotch at Moonlight in salida (small batch) is pretty exceptional. Actually I think in general they have stepped up their game over the last 6 months, and it was a pretty good game to begin with.
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shawnee Bob »

I think the last time I chimed in on this one, I was mentioning a load of craft beers. But that was a few years ago.

Local craft from the Southern Plains: Iron Monk Milk Stout, Stillwater, OK. Holy crap this stuff is good. Not sure you all can get it in CO, but if you can, do it.

Go-to as of late: Hard to beat Shiner Bock, esp w/tacos. Not sorry to say that.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:
Haha, you are just obsessed with my avatar pic. You reference it to no end :lol:
Obsesssed, halfprick?

Nope.

I just remember you as the deuce wannabe who got his panties in a wad for being called out. Enjoy that coors while you're claiming to be someone else's sock puppet. Who knows, maybe you can be creative yourself one day.

But I think it unlikely.
Somewhat of a Prick wrote:
Exiled Michigander wrote:I always thought DeucesWild was the alter ego of SomewhatofaPrick.
You'd be correct.
Btw: here's the deuce avatar in case you want to bulls**t more convincingly.
new deuce for halfprick.jpg
new deuce for halfprick.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

Yeah that's totally me.

This is rich, coming from a guy who ran around with an actual sock puppet account(s)

Right, Dick? :lol:
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:This is rich, coming from a guy who ran around with an actual sock puppet account(s)
Yep. I never denied that. So yes I did that twice as you've alluded, instead of claiming you did in order make yourself look cool. People lacking creativity often do things just like that.

If you decide you want to claim to be Dick and Deuce, let me know. I can send you all the graphic materials you need.

Then you can be half creative instead of halfprick.
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

Wait, you took that banter with exiled michigander serious? You think I was seriously claiming to be Dueces Wild to try and "look cool"?

hahaha, I don't even know who the hell Dueces Wild is other than reading his name on here a few times and I'm guessing he was before "my time". I don't come on this forum to try and "look cool", I feel sorry for anyone who tries to get cool points from a forum of any sort and especially a hiking forum.

Hell, I don't even know who you are or why you have a grudge against me :lol:
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:I feel sorry for anyone who tries to get cool points from a forum of any sort and especially a hiking forum.
Self pity is unfortunate, half-whatever.

But good luck to you and really, if you need those graphic materials, you let me know. I'd be glad to hook you up.
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Hell, I don't even know who you are or why you have a grudge against me
He is Jeremiah Johnson, who famously held a grudge against people that killed his family.
djkest
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

For all my fellow beer-geeks, here's my current list of the best Colorado Breweries. I make one of these every 6 months or so.

The criteria is kind of arbitrary, but some of these are major factors:
Quality of the beers they make
Distribution/availability
Variety of styles they produce

1) Weldwerks - World Class IPAs and Stouts, and now a top-shelf sour to boot.
2) Avery - Reaffirms a high ranking with recently release barrels and botanicals beers
3) Odd13- They are at this point a 1-trick pony, but those IPAs have catapulted them to massive success
4) Black Project- Not only do they make some insanely good American wild ales, but their hoppy beers are getting some notice.
5) Casey- More American wild / sour beers. Still killing it.
6) Cerebral- a relatively new hot brewery, Here Be Monsters, Work from Home, and all their IPAs are killer. Rapidly rising!
7) Epic- Surprising everyone with 3 "epic" new coffee beers, they are killing it. Son of a Baptist 6-packs!
8) Funkwerks - still killing it, constantly coming out with new beers!
9) Crooked Stave - I would be remiss if I didn't include the sour pioneers
10) Odell- Still coming out with new and interesting stuff, and keeping the quality high

Hot/up and coming:
Outer Range
Station 26

Weldwerks is amazing, and an easy pick for #1
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
beburke30
14ers: 25 
13ers: 123
Trip Reports (0)

Post by beburke30 »

djkest wrote:For all my fellow beer-geeks, here's my current list of the best Colorado Breweries. I make one of these every 6 months or so.

The criteria is kind of arbitrary, but some of these are major factors:
Quality of the beers they make
Distribution/availability
Variety of styles they produce

1) Weldwerks - World Class IPAs and Stouts, and now a top-shelf sour to boot.
2) Avery - Reaffirms a high ranking with recently release barrels and botanicals beers
3) Odd13- They are at this point a 1-trick pony, but those IPAs have catapulted them to massive success
4) Black Project- Not only do they make some insanely good American wild ales, but their hoppy beers are getting some notice.
5) Casey- More American wild / sour beers. Still killing it.
6) Cerebral- a relatively new hot brewery, Here Be Monsters, Work from Home, and all their IPAs are killer. Rapidly rising!
7) Epic- Surprising everyone with 3 "epic" new coffee beers, they are killing it. Son of a Baptist 6-packs!
8) Funkwerks - still killing it, constantly coming out with new beers!
9) Crooked Stave - I would be remiss if I didn't include the sour pioneers
10) Odell- Still coming out with new and interesting stuff, and keeping the quality high

Hot/up and coming:
Outer Range
Station 26

Weldwerks is amazing, and an easy pick for #1
That's a pretty solid list. Weldwerks is easily the best beer in the state, and it's not that close. Wouldn't change much, but as a West coast hop head I'd have to throw Comrade somewhere in there.
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Very nice list except for Epic/Crooked Stave.

Cheers!
Timothy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Timothy »

My favorite beer...

Usually the one I am drinking at the moment.
שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃‎