Roach 13er book

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Roach 13er book

Post by tjmartn1 »

http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/colorado ... 1555914196

Here you go Oman. For those who prefer to pay for their media.
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Oman »

TallGrass wrote:To avoid shipping?[/color]RoachsColoradoThirteenersAmz.JPG
Hey TallGrass:

I bet you have something in your house that used to be cheap but is now expensive. Mind if I take it?
Conor
14ers: 41  6  6 
13ers: 51 1 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Conor »

I don't know what people are complaining about. I bought one in Dec, my 2nd, for a decent price. I could have had 4 more yesterday morning. If you want one, they're pretty easy to acquire on the "cheap." Step 1 - set price alert. Step 2 - wait for alert. Step 3 - once alert comes in email, order. My alert trips at $25, I'll continue to update this thread as I get alerts for them. Again, I hope the people buying them aren't the d-bags trying to sell them for ridiculous prices.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (43.84 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
Candace66
14ers: 42  1 
13ers: 207 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Candace66 »

Monster5 wrote:...A forum member's Front Range 13er guide is nearly ready for the editor...
Wow! Thanks, I didn't know anything about this! \:D/
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tjmartn1 »

If anybody else from here ordered one of these, did it ever arrive? Mine has not.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

tjmartn1 wrote:If anybody else from here ordered one of these, did it ever arrive? Mine has not.
Not to spread FUD, but the last time I tried ordering this book because it was priced reasonably online, it never came, either.

*cough* library *cough*
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by kwhit24 »

tjmartn1 wrote:If anybody else from here ordered one of these, did it ever arrive? Mine has not.
I'm still waiting but Amazon still shows mine will arrive Thursday (Coming to TX so might it's taking longer?) so hopefully it still comes. I bought the 14ers book at the same time and I already received it. It has been awesome to read!
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

Oman wrote:
justiner wrote:This comes periodically - getting a printed book would be a nice thing for a collection, but if you just want the data that's inside, check your library, and see if its offered as an eBook. For example, he Boulder library has it available, and does allow you to download chapters as PDF.
Why not just steal music, movies, and any gear you want from REI while you're at it?

I've been "stealing" the water from the library drinking fountains for years. I go in there, get a drink, and never have to pay a water bill. :twisted:
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
gunnison_garrett14
14ers: 58  13  5 
13ers: 124 8 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by gunnison_garrett14 »

Mine came in about a week ago
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tjmartn1 »

kwhit24 wrote:
I'm still waiting but Amazon still shows mine will arrive Thursday (Coming to TX so might it's taking longer?) so hopefully it still comes. I bought the 14ers book at the same time and I already received it. It has been awesome to read!

Mine still shows "arriving by the 23rd" as well, but it was supposedly mailed like two weeks ago and no mail system that I know of takes that long so I contacted the seller who said "oh yeah it was mailed a long time ago, it should have arrived, things get lost in the mail sometimes, I'll give you a refund". Looking at their feedback, that seems to be a pretty common occurrence for them.
Yikes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 112 15
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Yikes »

tjmartn1 wrote: it was supposedly mailed like two weeks ago and no mail system that I know of takes that long.
USPS. My girlfriend's aunt just received the Christmas cookies we sent mid December. At least the book is nonperishable.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

USPS Media Mail is cheap, but can be very slow due to low priority.