Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Post by Hungry Jack »

I saw a Chekhov play the other night. Apparently he took a drink of champagne right before he died.
please rotate your device
Camp Chi-Town 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Camp Chi-Town 13 »

DITTO! I waited until registration opened so that I could also send a HUGE THANK YOU from Chicago! GOD BLESS!
craftymatt
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by craftymatt »

Navigaiter wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:Will someone please put an end to this madness?! :wft: 14ers.com is at an all-time low.
I respectfully disagree, SilverLynx. I think it's at an all-time high. Through the site, a dog was rescued, and yes, there have been some inane comments made and a lot of passion and childishness behind those comments, but if you eliminate the lowest common denominators, it's just a bunch of people coming to the defense of Missy.

And to be fair, I myself made some heated remarks, though I tried to show some restraint.
It's at an all time low because people won't shut up about it. Yeah it's great we saved a dog and whatever, but good and bad stuff (much worse than this) happens every day. It's nice that people hiked up to save the dog, but in the meantime thousands of dogs in shelters/etc have probably been put to sleep during the past few weeks due to lack of space, so saving one dog from a mountain doesn't really change anything.
SpringsHiker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (1)

Post by SpringsHiker »

craftymatt wrote:It's at an all time low because people won't shut up about it. Yeah it's great we saved a dog and whatever, but good and bad stuff (much worse than this) happens every day. It's nice that people hiked up to save the dog, but in the meantime thousands of dogs in shelters/etc have probably been put to sleep during the past few weeks due to lack of space, so saving one dog from a mountain doesn't really change anything.
14ers.com is at an all-time low because you're cynical? And you have made this assessment in the 10 days you have been registered?

I don't have any issue with what you said regarding dogs and treatment by humans, but connecting that to the state of this website and online community completely makes no sense. For the most part this community is fine and healthy; please give more thought to your rash assessments as people who express opinions without thinking are what contribute to negativity.
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"