What happened to Missy?

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.
User avatar
douglas
Posts: 71
Joined: 6/13/2010
14er Checklist (20)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby douglas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 am

guitarman wrote: leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened.


Please go back and read the original story. Better yet - don't. It's better that you don't come back.
User avatar
ChrisRoberts
Posts: 697
Joined: 7/17/2011
14er Checklist (12)
13er Checklist (10)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby ChrisRoberts » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 am

reinhold wrote:Get thee to a Civics class!

:lol:
Trudger wrote:Your threat to never look at this site again only lasted 9 minutes?

Oh man, I love this place
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
User avatar
jaymz
Posts: 979
Joined: 6/6/2006
14er Checklist Not Entered

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby jaymz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 am

reinhold wrote:
guitarman wrote: this website ... is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain ...


I doubt your post was deleted, but regardless, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the First Amendment. Get thee to a Civics class!

As well as a fundamental ignorance of this website.
"Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy." - Psalm 98:8
"Nature is a choir..." - Timothy Keller
User avatar
MtHurd
Posts: 3086
Joined: 8/17/2006
14er Checklist (57)
14ers in Winter (4)
13er Checklist (29)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby MtHurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 am

jaymz wrote:I am reiderating these thoughts because whoever runs this website decided my post wasn't inline with his philosohies and deleted my post. Oh well, no pesky 1st Amendment rights around here. So in closing I won't bother looking at this website again since it is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened.


Image
User avatar
Waggs
Posts: 277
Joined: 11/16/2010
14er Checklist (26)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (2)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby Waggs » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 am

guitarman wrote:So I am new to this website ...

...



inanity.jpg
inanity.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 259 times


Waggs
Gloves are optional. Mittens mandatory - S. Gladbach
User avatar
James Dziezynski
Posts: 208
Joined: 12/11/2007
14er Checklist (58)
Contact:

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby James Dziezynski » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 am

Mel: The rescue of "Bugs" the horse happened in the winter of 1956-57. The horse was spotted on the long ridge between Harvard and Yale ( Birthday Peak/Browns Pass area). Local Buena Vista ranchers tried to reach him but the conditions were so bad they had to airlift food to the horse, called "Operation Haylift." During a warm spell, rescuers found Bugs and returned him to his home in Buena Vista.
Check out my book Best Summit Hikes in Colorado at http://amzn.to/WKkWOH
User avatar
speth
Posts: 526
Joined: 4/16/2010
14er Checklist (49)
14ers in Winter (4)
13er Checklist (20)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby speth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 am

Waggs wrote:
guitarman wrote:So I am new to this website ...

...



inanity.jpg


Waggs


Image
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.
User avatar
kansas
Posts: 673
Joined: 7/20/2008
14er Checklist Not Entered

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby kansas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 am

Matt wrote:So, what are you all climbing this weekend? We're headed to the Sneffels Range.


Thanks for asking!

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.
Attachments
92 - animals knight nonsensical panda picture-unrelated rainbow.jpg
92 - animals knight nonsensical panda picture-unrelated rainbow.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 604 times
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
User avatar
speth
Posts: 526
Joined: 4/16/2010
14er Checklist (49)
14ers in Winter (4)
13er Checklist (20)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby speth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

kansas wrote:
Matt wrote:So, what are you all climbing this weekend? We're headed to the Sneffels Range.


Thanks for asking!

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.


Hmm, that knight would have probably lived if he had been carrying a pistol.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.
User avatar
pflegerc
Posts: 21
Joined: 7/9/2010
14er Checklist (14)
13er Checklist (10)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby pflegerc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

speth wrote:
kansas wrote:
Matt wrote:So, what are you all climbing this weekend? We're headed to the Sneffels Range.


Thanks for asking!

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.


Hmm, that knight would have probably lived if he had been carrying a pistol.


And pepper spray. That bear is clearly taking a deuce in that alpine tundra as well...nice LNT principles panda!!
Some people have Gods, I have the Mountains. Regardless, neglect either for too long and you will get lost.
User avatar
Hungry Jack
Posts: 987
Joined: 7/18/2008
14er Checklist (12)
13er Checklist (4)

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby Hungry Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 am

pflegerc wrote:
speth wrote:
kansas wrote:

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.


Hmm, that knight would have probably lived if he had been carrying a pistol.


And pepper spray. That bear is clearly taking a deuce in that alpine tundra as well...nice LNT principles panda!!


Tragic backcountry episodes like that would be avoided if we implement my proposed Fourteener Aptitude Reconnaissance Test.
I need more dehydrogenase.
User avatar
jaymz
Posts: 979
Joined: 6/6/2006
14er Checklist Not Entered

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby jaymz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am

Barry Raven wrote:
jaymz wrote:I am reiderating these thoughts because whoever runs this website decided my post wasn't inline with his philosohies and deleted my post. Oh well, no pesky 1st Amendment rights around here. So in closing I won't bother looking at this website again since it is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened.


Just clarifying that I did NOT say this :D
"Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy." - Psalm 98:8
"Nature is a choir..." - Timothy Keller

Return to “Pets on Peaks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests