14ers.com Android App released!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
sivadselim
14ers: 1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14ers.com Android App released!

Post by sivadselim »

So, should I toss that other '14ers' app (the one from Solidyn)?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

sivadselim wrote:So, should I toss that other '14ers' app (the one from Solidyn)?
I'm not sure what it does other than show you a map of the 14ers, but I haven't seen it since it was first released.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Bullwinkle
14ers: 43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Bullwinkle »

Way into the cool zone! Loaded in 10 sec on my T-Bolt and works great. Can't wait to use it in the field.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Please don't forget to read the HELP/ABOUT as there are some instructions in there on saving route images for offline use.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
vinman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by vinman »

Fantastic app! Nice and speedy on the Tmobile G2. =D>
jaymz
Trip Reports (1)

Post by jaymz »

Looks great! Thanks for this. Looking forward to using it on the mountain!
"But in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
John Muir
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Post by Dad Mike »

Is anyone else having trouble finding the app? I have a Motorala i1 with Nextel service. I can find Roach's, but not the 14ers.com app.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Mad Mike wrote:Is anyone else having trouble finding the app? I have a Motorala i1 with Nextel service. I can find Roach's, but not the 14ers.com app.
Are you doing a search on "14ers.com" ? Even when searching for "14ers" it comes up in the list with Roach's.

Also, does your phone have Android 2.0.1 or higher?
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Mad Mike wrote:Is anyone else having trouble finding the app? I have a Motorola i1 with Nextel service. I can find Roach's, but not the 14ers.com app.
Yeah, Mike. I couldn't find it, either. The problem was my Android OS. It seems I neglected to update it awhile ago, so I was on 1.5. I upgraded it to 2.1 and was able to find it afterward.
Nathan Hale
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 78
Trip Reports (14)

Post by Nathan Hale »

Mad Mike wrote:Is anyone else having trouble finding the app? I have a Motorala i1 with Nextel service. I can find Roach's, but not the 14ers.com app.
Looks like the Motorola i1 has Android 1.5, and the app isn't compatible with that. As Bill indicated, you need to have at least Android 2.0.

Sorry about that!
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Post by Dad Mike »

Damn. Guess I'll just have to get a new phone.
Nathan Hale
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 78
Trip Reports (14)

Post by Nathan Hale »

Mad Mike wrote:Damn. Guess I'll just have to get a new phone.
I'll look into lowering the minimum version so that 1.5 will work. I may not be using any of the extra features, in which case I'll be able to lower it.
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com