Jim, I like the photo of the girl a lot more than the bells photo.
+ Unusual angle for the lighting, usually lit from behind photographer or from left side of the frame
+ Foreboding with light levels and the DEADLY BELLS title, storytelling
- I don't like the angle of the sign; I get what you're going for, but it's too cut off. Maybe if the word "DEADLY" was macro and soft and out of focus with the mountain in the background? I don't know, just tossing out ideas. I know you can't just rip the sign up and place it where ever you want
- I'm also not a fan of lens flares...
+ You have the focus locked in for the girl, nice soft light on the skin contrasts well with sharp rock.
+ I like the tense feeling of the photo, climber preparing and balancing on the rock
- I don't care for the vignette/post production blur effect.
- A different crop might work better for the lines behind her traveling up the face. I'd like to see where she's coming from and where she's going instead of being locked into move. I think of rock climbing as fluid motion and not just a flexed position. But to be fair, I know next to nothing about rock climbing, just my 2 cents on the subject
- Foreshortening on the legs
Nice work, cool idea to get people into sharing photos!