Wild springs conditions

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Wild springs conditions

Post by susanjoypaul »

Howdy,

I'm visiting all the wild hot springs over the next month or so (October 8-?) so if anyone has any current conditions reports and doesn't mind sharing please post here, PM me, or email me at susanjoypaul@yahoo.com or susanjoypaul@gmail.com

Just looking for information on road conditions or closures, creek crossings, possible snowpack, bridge conditions, etc. so I can prepare better and avoid multiple trips. Here's where I'm going:

Conundrum, Piedra River, Penny, Pinkerton, Radium, Rainbow, Rico, South Canyon, and all the ones on the Steamboat Springs walking tour (Heart, Iron, Soda, Sulphur, Sweetwater, Steamboat, Black Sulphur, Lithia, and Sulphur Cave). I'm less concerned about the commercial ones as most of them do a good job of staying accessible year-round.

Yes, I know this is a 14ers site but you guys seem to get around a lot. Thanks so much!

-Susan
SoCool
14ers: 49  1  5 
13ers: 35 3
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Wild springs conditions

Post by SoCool »

Hi Susan,
Current conditions for Conundrum Hot Spring: super fun, super pretty, super relaxing.

Oh, maybe you wanted trail conditions: trail is dry, all bridges intact. There is snow on the peaks but none at the spring.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Wild springs conditions

Post by susanjoypaul »

SoCool wrote: Oh, maybe you wanted trail conditions: trail is dry, all bridges intact. There is snow on the peaks but none at the spring.
That's great to hear! Thanks so much for the information...will be heading there soon :-)

Super fun/pretty/relaxing all sound good, too!

-Susan