Talusmonkey June Birthday / Memorial Hike

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
roozers42
14ers: 49 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (20)

Post by roozers42 »

Jamie - I'll be coming on the Sunday hike and I'll keep you posted about where I'm starting from. Thanks for organizing this!
kurty[B]
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kurty[B] »

I am definitely going!

Scott, when are you planning to leave Craig? Would you be willing to have a fellow NorWester along for the ride?
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Scott, when are you planning to leave Craig? Would you be willing to have a fellow NorWester along for the ride?
You could ride, but we (Kessler and I) were thinking of leaving Thursday night or Friday to another peak in (Princton or Elbert?) along the way. We would be meeting two others at 10 am at the beginning of the 4wd road Sauturday. Would this work?
KeithK
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (51)

Post by KeithK »

As of this very moment, I am planning to join KirkT in coming from Denver, so please count me in!
Snow is dumb.™
Stop cyber bullying!
jamienellis
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 80
Trip Reports (5)

Post by jamienellis »

Cool! It looks like we're up to about 30 people with a more that will give me a yay or nay in the next week.

I will do like we did for the winter gathrering and print out a sign up sheet that we can pass around on Sunday morning at the Lakes before we get started. We can leave it in a spot so people can sign out as they leave...that way we'll have an idea of who is where.

Also, I have a few FRS 2-way radios that I will bring. Does anyone else have one? We found them really helpful at the winter gathering to keep the groups in touch with each other.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

jamienellis wrote:Also, I have a few FRS 2-way radios that I will bring. Does anyone else have one? We found them really helpful at the winter gathering to keep the groups in touch with each other.
Jamie,
I do- it's David's GPS that he used when we met you for Uncompahgre- I will figure out how to use that radio.

On a side note, don't forget that when we found you at that capsite, he just "had to mark those coordinates" as soon as he stepped out of the car! HAHAHAHAHA!
jamienellis
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 80
Trip Reports (5)

Post by jamienellis »

Too funny, Caroline! I'll never forget that! :lol:

I can try to help you figure out how to work it...I'm sure it'll end up being one of those how many blondes does it take to figure out how to work the radio scenarios! :wink:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Merlin6803
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Merlin6803 »

I'm definitely in on this one!! Woo-Hoo!! Also, I have an 01 4runner, and will be leaving from Aurora/Parker on Saturday morning and will have 3 open seats in the 4runner.... maybe we should make a list f what carpools we have available and where they are leaving from.... anyhow, I have 3 places

Casey
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

jamienellis wrote:I'm sure it'll end up being one of those how many blondes does it take to figure out how to work the radio scenarios! :wink:
ROFL!!!! :D I think that's even funnier, mostly because it'll probably be true!! You are so funny- I keep laughing!

Merlin6803,
I agree- we should make a list sometime next week. I'm not sure how I'm getting there yet if I don't carpool. My vehicle gets like 0.5 miles to the gallon these days so I'd rather take a more fuel efficient car! Or, I'd be happy to split gas with other people as well...
Kiefer
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kiefer »

The 4x4 drive is now operational!!!! :YY
I'll be there at the lakes bright and early!
kurty[B]
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kurty[B] »

Scott Patterson wrote:You could ride, but we (Kessler and I) were thinking of leaving Thursday night or Friday to another peak in (Princton or Elbert?) along the way.
Unfortunately, I have to work all day Friday. The earliest I would be able to leave is after 5:00 PM on Friday. In any case, I'm still up for carpooling/picking up people along the way on Saturday.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Unfortunately, I have to work all day Friday. The earliest I would be able to leave is after 5:00 PM on Friday. In any case, I'm still up for carpooling/picking up people along the way on Saturday.
With gas prices the way they are, maybe we should find a way to carpool and share gas and such. Maybe Kessler and I will just do something local on Friday and leave that night. Hopefully that's enough to acclimatize? If so, we're meeting some others at 10 am Satuday, so could still sqeeze another hike in saturday morning.

Feel free to PM or email me as we can discuss it off thread since it's likely no one else is coming from Craig.