High points for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
talberta
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by talberta »

Jimlup,

I was also thinking of Mt. Arvon later this summer for TalusMonkey! Wish I could make it this weekend, but have a great hike!!

Ted
krz2fer
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (10)

Post by krz2fer »

I'm not sure what it is, but I really can't shake this event from my mind. I'm almost upset with myself for not hopping aboard for a hike with TM sooner. All of his TR and stories are amazing.
Chris
norseman
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by norseman »

I'll be doing Mt. Washington in New Hampshire in June, Talus Monkey will be there as well. We have a similar version of 14ers.com for the Northeast called VFTT. Talus Monkey is on a thread there under General Backcountry, he was supposed to do Ranier later this year with the son of a woman from Vermont I believe. Text below.

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com

Yesterday, 06:35 AM #5
blacknblue

The guy that died is a friend of a friend. (I lived in Colorado a while.) I was talking to my co-worker the other day, who is the mother of said friend. Pretty sad story. I guess he and my co-worker's son were planning on Rainier this summer.
Skip Perkins
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Skip Perkins »

I'll take care of Timm's Hill in Wisconsin.

I'm imagining the signature "Talus Monkey" on peaks all over the country and all of the hikers wondering, "Who is this person?" Bill, I think you should get the trademark and start marketing the t-shirts, gps devices, Capt. Morgan cups, etc.

Anyone who would read USAKeller's tribute would absolutely understand.
doumall
14ers: 58  58  22 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (83)

Post by doumall »

Caroline, I will look forward to seeing your names on the Mauna Kea summit register in June :wink: Happy Trails!
Skitch14
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skitch14 »

So...who is climbing Denali this year? :wink:
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mel McKinney »

Good one Skitch!
Maybe we can post a trip on the Climbing Calendar. :lol:

Seriously, would be awesome to get in touch w/ someone who would be willing to carry a memento or something in Talus Monkey's honor.
FromNO2CO
14ers: 45 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FromNO2CO »

I found this when I climbed Driskill Mtn. last year...I wonder if David had been to this one...

Nectar of the Gods!! :D
shanahan96
14ers: 57  44 
13ers: 237 52
Trip Reports (16)

Post by shanahan96 »

Skitch14 wrote:So...who is climbing Denali this year? :wink:
i'm your huckleberry! could you do me one small favor and fund the trip please? not really asking much :wink:

jamie
Darryl Dunlap
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Darryl Dunlap »

shanahan96 wrote:
Skitch14 wrote:So...who is climbing Denali this year? :wink:
i'm your huckleberry! could you do me one small favor and fund the trip please? not really asking much :wink:

jamie
If now one makes it this year, what about trip a year from now.......

14ers.com/Denali Trip in honor of TalusMonkey....
hmmm...any takers, I'm up for it....
"A great loss of a wonderful person clouds us tonight, Rest In Peace David...."
jeffro
14ers: 56 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jeffro »

I was considering offering up Denali myself. I have the same issue as Jamie however.

I'd seriously consider it for next year, though...

Jeff
Climb what you love and love what you climb!!
PA Jen
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PA Jen »

I'm heading to Mt. Hood next week. Though I never met David, I like many feel as though I know him through this website. Hopefully if all goes well we'll get that highpoint for him next weekend.