Maroon Bells Tragedy

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
TaylorHolt
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 210 7
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Maroon Bells Tragedy

Post by TaylorHolt »

Thank you for sharing that Mountain Maverick. Very sad to hear, wishing his family peace.
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer
j babu
Trip Reports (0)

Post by j babu »

Mountain Maverick, one of the best "fallen climber" posts I've read. Beautiful tribute to a minute in time on a mountain, and the human stories etched out on their rocky, indifferent faces.

Thanks for sharing
Herbert
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Herbert »

I want to join in thanking Mountain Maverick for taking the time to compose such a beautiful post. He took an experience with a fallen climber and conveyed it to us in a way that must have touched the hearts of everyone who read it. I know we all try from time to time to theorize in the abstract about the risks involved in mountaineering, but nothing brings it home like this. I did not know Steve apart from these tributes, but I am sure he will be missed and I extend my sincere condolences to his family and friends.