Rescue on Antero

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Rescue on Antero

Post by peter303 »

hunyuk
14ers: 39 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Rescue on Antero

Post by hunyuk »

larkinrx2 wrote:sad to see comment that they relied on personal vehicle since their SAR doesn't have a comparable vehicle to make it up there?

can they not do the federal or state requisitions process and try to request a vehicle?
It was my vehicle that we utilized, a heavily modified 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser. Unfortunately our group does not have a comparable vehicle that could have made it to the same location. My involvement in SAR was a big reason that I acquired and built (continue to build)that vehicle.

We are actively seeking grant money for new vehicles through state funding, that being said, there's no guarantee we will receive it. We operate on a very small annual budget and are working towards replacing our rapidly aging fleet of vehicles (our "newest" vehicle is a 97).

I'd love to hear suggestions for other resources that might be available to us on this front.

--Erik