McCurdy Mountain/Bison - snow conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ezabielski
14ers: 43  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Re: McCurdy Mountain/Bison - snow conditions?

Post by ezabielski »

SkiBikeClimb99 wrote:Hopefully heading out tomorrow to do the Goose Creek ~35 mile loop. Any latest snow conditions? I'm assuming after the past 2 weeks it's pretty dry, but wanted to see if anybody's been out on Bison or McCurdy in the last week or so.

Thanks, Tom
My friend was there last weekend. From pictures on Facebook it looks prime. I can't actually see any snow in any of his pictures.
SkiBikeClimb99
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkiBikeClimb99 »

Sweet - thanks for the update. I really appreciate it.
scunniff
Trip Reports (0)

Post by scunniff »

Any additional beta?
SkiBikeClimb99
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkiBikeClimb99 »

No snow anywhere. It was as hot as hell last weekend when I did the loop. Streams were low and water resupply was somewhat annoying as I'm normally used to being in monsoon conditions with lots lots of fast flowing streams. I ended up doing the shorter McCurdy loop due to the heat.
scunniff
Trip Reports (0)

Post by scunniff »

Thanks.