Mt. Neva and FOJ TH

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dubsho3000
14ers: 58  8  2 
13ers: 110 14
Trip Reports (6)

Mt. Neva and FOJ TH

Post by dubsho3000 »

Has anyone been up Mt. Neva recently or been to the area? I'm wondering if the trail to Lake Dorothy (?) is mostly snow-free, and how the couloirs beyond the lake look (Juliet, Phoebe, etc).

Thanks,

Matt
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Mt. Neva and FOJ TH

Post by 12ersRule »

I summitted Neva last Saturday from the west side via the Northwest slopes. I do have a pic of Lake Dorothy somewhere on my computer, but wont get to post on it until tomorrow.

North ridge of Neva looked pretty clear to me. Suspect that the trail to Dorothy is in pretty good shape, as we say a fairly decent sized party at the lake.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

I was able to get to these pics more quickly than expected. This is the best I've got. No good shots to the south, but I did see 3 people descending from there, so maybe they'll chime in. FWIW, it sounded like they were having a lot of fun.
Lake Dorothy from Neva summit
Lake Dorothy from Neva summit
Dorothy_web.jpg (119.43 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Attachments
North Ridge of Neva
North Ridge of Neva
NorthRidgeNeva_web.jpg (73.28 KiB) Viewed 937 times
mountainbuff
14ers: 33 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mountainbuff »

Skied Neva on Saturday. All three couloirs were in decent shape considering our winter. Juliet was almost out at the choke and Desdemona looked the best for skiing. We bailed 1/2 way up due to deteriorating snow conditions. Warm over night temps have prevented a solid freeze for the past several days so heads up on that. I think this week has been rough on an already thin pack in most areas. I'll try and post some pics later.
dubsho3000
14ers: 58  8  2 
13ers: 110 14
Trip Reports (6)

Post by dubsho3000 »

Awesome - thanks for the replies. Any pics of Neva's couloirs would also be appreciated.
mountainbuff
14ers: 33 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mountainbuff »

Hope this helps!
Attachments
photo-15.JPG
photo-15.JPG (160.18 KiB) Viewed 842 times
jeremy27
14ers: 36  3 
13ers: 67 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jeremy27 »

colokeith and I are planning on climbing Mt. Neva via Juliet this Saturday. Beta appreciated. Partners welcome. Post or pm.
Thanks,
Jeremy
k-berger
14ers: 20  4 
13ers: 30 8 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by k-berger »

jeremy27 wrote:colokeith and I are planning on climbing Mt. Neva via Juliet this Saturday. Beta appreciated. Partners welcome. Post or pm.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy - I was planning Cristo this saturday but it sounds like my partner may have to bail. I would be interested in joining you guys if you have room. I'll send you a PM...