Favorite Boulder hike?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
meyeralex
14ers: 22 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Boulder hike?

Post by meyeralex »

+1 Bear Peak from Shadow Canyon. Also not bad coming from down Bear Creek or from NCAR
milan
14ers: 57  1 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by milan »

Bear Peak from NCAR using Fern Canyon and North ridge, if I need fast work out. Its over 2000 feet to gain and I measure time. Its nice and steep, sometimes fun with ice, snow... If I have all day and need to train for 14ers, then some of the possible combinations like NCAR-Shaddow Canyon - South Boulder Pk., - Bear Pk. - Green Mountain - Chautaqua - NCAR...sometimes go up Fern Canyon, sometimes Bear, depends on my mood. 3rd favorite is Green Mountain from Gregory Canyon.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

Just did South Boulder and Bear this morning via Shadow Canyon. I think it seems to be a great workout to kick my butt into hiking shape. ~4:15 for the 2 peaks. Love the short scramble on Bear Peak.
climbing_rob
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbing_rob »

dswink wrote:
jlarocco wrote:I like the South Boulder Peak and Bear Peak combo from Shadow Canyon. South Boulder Peak, Bear Peak, and Green Mountain is also fun.
The Trifecta! Climbing S Boulder and Bear Peaks with Green Mountain is my consolation on weekends when I can't go for a fourteener. Some folks add on a traverse over Flagstaff Mountain and Mount Sanitas, but that is more than I am usually looking for.
Yeah, this, just did it today from the S. Mesa t/h ( the three). Something lik 13-14 miles and 5000 vertical. Great little local workout route. Still a tad hard-pack-snow-icy in spots, used micro spikes only on S. Boulder ridge. Maybe we crossed paths dpage?