Forum timestamps

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.
tmathews

Forum timestamps

Postby tmathews » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:04 am

Bill, it seems that the timestamps for posts/replies on the forum is an hour ahead. I just made a reply a few minutes ago and it stamped it as 12:01. It's not a big issue, but I thought I'd make you aware of it.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator

Re: Forum timestamps

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am

It's probably the daily savings setting in your User Control Panel. The times look ok to me and I have DST turned off on my "Board Preferences."
globreal

Postby globreal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:17 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:It's probably the daily savings setting in your User Control Panel. The times look ok to me and I have DST turned off on my "Board Preferences."

Doh...That's why mine timestamps were an hour ahead!

Thanks for your great customer service Bill!
According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
1 Peter 1:3-4
tmathews

Postby tmathews » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:23 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:It's probably the daily savings setting in your User Control Panel. The times look ok to me and I have DST turned off on my "Board Preferences."

Ah, gotcha. I thought it automatically corrected for DST, but I guess that's something you have to go in and manually adjust when DST ends. Duly noted, thanks!
Jim Davies

Postby Jim Davies » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 am

Bill, have you ever looked into this? http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1020905
It's a modification to phpbb that automatically adjusts for DST based on the user's city.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin

Return to “Site Problems and Resolution”