Mt. Sherman (from the west) Sunday 2/5!!! NEED BODIES

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
colenaymark
Trip Reports (1)

Mt. Sherman (from the west) Sunday 2/5!!! NEED BODIES

Post by colenaymark »

Hey Everyone. I'm doing a fundraiser for my friends daughter who as Cystic Fibrosis. They live in MN and each year near this time of year there is a "Climb for the Cure" where thousands of people around MPLS come to climb the stairs of the IDS Tower downtown. I moved out here 1.5 years ago and last year did a winter 14er with a friend to show our CO support for Olivia (my friends daughter). I think it literally made her year since she still talks about how we did that for her all the time. Another year has come and gone and aside from the fundraising, I wanted to get a big group of people together to hike another 14er and show her even more support. We were originally going to do this on the 11th but quite a few people had something come up and now I'm trying to throw a last minute group together for Sunday the 5th. So far there are 6 of us going. I would absolutely love if we could get even 4 more people. We have a giant flag for her, will be putting a video together and I want to get lots of photos from the top for her.

For the simple fact of showing her that there are people all over the US that support her fight and will do crazy things to show her that she can be empowered to do anything if she fights for it.

I've talked with a member on here about his last trip up Sherman, got the GPX loaded and beta for the hike ready to rock.

We will be at the winter TH at 6am ready to go Sunday February 5th 2017. Snow shoes required.
(TH Here) 39.225327, -106.236739

Feel free to give me a ring if you want to join or have questions.
Cole 612-327-3714

PS - here is my donation page if anyone wants to just help from that side of things
http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/Climb/80 ... fr_id=5893

and here is a quick video Olivia's mom put together a few years back...try not to cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGCbl834KM