Did sangres get snow this week?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Did sangres get snow this week?

Post by Trotter »

Looking to do lindsey this weekend, last weekends conditions reports all mentioned very little to no snow on the ground, but there is nothing since 10/23. Anybody been up there in the past couple days, or from that area who can tell me if theres been snowfall since then?
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Did sangres get snow this week?

Post by Tornadoman »

I looked at the cameras from Westcliffe this morning and they looked bone dry. I don't think it snowed at all down there in the past several days.
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
Rynoref73
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Rynoref73 »

We climbed Challenger and Kit Carson on Monday 10/24. There was a little snow on the north face, but most could be avoided. The entire range looked pretty much bone dry. The Lake Como mountains, and LIndsey appear to be dry also.
marianne
14ers: 57 
13ers: 612
Trip Reports (0)

Post by marianne »

I would like to climb Gibbs on Tuesday Nov 1 st , any advice on which side to approach Gibbs ? east or west side ? as far as the snow accumulation goes?thanks,
pfiore1
14ers: 58  38  18 
13ers: 183 43 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pfiore1 »

As I stated in a thread earlier, nothing but sunshine and above average temps lately. The couple of routes I climbed Gibbs Peak (and also Marcy and De Anza) was via Texas Creek. The few times I climbed up there was in late winter and early spring on mostly snow, Texas Creek is an awfully maintained trail (I've done rescues on that trail in the summer), it's actually not maintained at all since I've been up there, lots of downfall and bushwhacking. Private property blocks access directly from "The Pines" to Texas Creek, so the best method is to start from Gibson Creek and go north and then bushwhack west up to Gibbs. You could start from South Brush Creek and go south but it is a bit longer and really annoying to find the access roads. Have fun, Gibbs is my address actually, I live on the intersection of Gibbs and Marcy drives.
Dissent Is Patriotic

Support your local Search and Rescue agency. Be safe and respect your wilderness.

Custer County Search and Rescue, Inc... https://www.custersar.org

Custer County SAR Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/CusterSAR/?fref=photo

Colorado Search and Rescue... https://coloradosar.org

CORSAR Fund... https://cdola.colorado.gov/funding-prog ... escue-fund
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

thanks all
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche