Eats on the Road!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Brimstone10
14ers: 40  2  3 
13ers: 9 2
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Eats on the Road!

Post by Brimstone10 »

rijaca wrote:
KansanClimber wrote:Eddyline in Buena Vista
Not sure if I would recommend Eddyline. We stopped there (S Main St location) for lunch/beers on Friday July 1 at ~2 pm, and was told there was a 30 minute wait despite at least four empty tables that we could see and no one else waiting. They apparently didn't want our business that day.
I would have to agree. I love eddyline and have gone there after almost every sawatch 14er, but lets just say I don't go there for the service.
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

Not to disparage the wonders of BV dining, but wasn't the OP travels well away from there? Can't see making a long trip over to BV from Kite Lake area just to eat at Eddyline.
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
ColoradoEd
14ers: 55 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ColoradoEd »

If you are in BV, go to House Rock Kitchen.
Guaranteed excellent eats and friendly service.
Brimstone10
14ers: 40  2  3 
13ers: 9 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Brimstone10 »

Richard Derkase wrote:
Maybe you looked like a lame tip, all worn out from the Sawatch.

Dick
Sure, we'll go with that
bigredmachine
14ers: 58 
13ers: 34
Trip Reports (1)

Post by bigredmachine »

Matt wrote:If you're the type to have a post-climb beer, Breck's Broken Compass makes much better beer (IMO) than the eponymous brewery in town.
Coconut Porter...mmmmm good
Biscut
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Biscut »

Looks like a lot of good choices laid out. I'm getting pretty damn excited.