Logistic help with 3 day trip to San Juan Range

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ronxhill
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Logistic help with 3 day trip to San Juan Range

Post by ronxhill »

Is there a resource to help plan a 3 day trip to the San Juan Mountains that will give us the chance to climb 2 or more 14ers in this one trip? We will be coming from the Summit County area and will be our first time trying any of the 14ers in that range. I started researching and saw that some 14ers have multiple TH options.
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Logistic help with 3 day trip to San Juan Range

Post by AlexeyD »

There was a similar thread a few weeks ago, might be useful:

http://14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
richwill
14ers: 34  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (5)

Post by richwill »

106.jpg
106.jpg (37.87 KiB) Viewed 304 times
There's a campground just outside Lake City that's easily accessible with any vehicle. From there you can access both trailheads for Handies, as well as Redcloud/Sunshine (including Sunshine N/W face). If you'd like to scoot over to Uncompahgre it's less than an hour.....that should take care of 3 days. :-D
When I say access TH's I mean drive to in about 20 min
ronxhill
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ronxhill »

The past post and the new one are perfect. I tried to search for old post, but most not have used the right terms. Thanks again!