Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Max Moorman
14ers: 26 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 2014 14er Speed Record Attempt

Post by Max Moorman »

Though these words feel woefully inadequate, thank you all for the inspiration. This might be the single most amazing thing I've ever seen.
oldschoolczar
14ers: 45  1  1 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by oldschoolczar »

I bet that was a tasty margarita! Amazing stuff.. Hope Andrew heals up quickly.
“what matters most is
how well you
walk through the
fire” -Charles Bukowski
tlongpine
14ers: 27  1  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Post by tlongpine »

waltoncito wrote:Funny how certain members couldn't stop posting messages of encouragement before Andrew called it and now they are silent. He deserves our support now more than ever...
I can't imagine the hour has anything to do with it. At all. :roll:
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.
Mtn_Mermaid
14ers: 56 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mtn_Mermaid »

Congratulations are in order here. A super human feat of willpower, spiritual, emotional, physical steel (and that's stainless steel)! Thank you for the inspiration to get out of my comfort zone and just do what's been lurking deep inside. We are dedicating our climb today to you/your crew and this forum of like-minded peeps. Climb on! Live on! Be who you are and keep shining your light in the world. Cheers.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~ John Muir
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Compartment syndrome is scary stuff. I hope Andrew is ok. Congrats to him and his team.
please rotate your device
forbins_mtn
14ers: 28  2 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by forbins_mtn »

This has been incredible! Andrew, you are amazing! Well done and I hope you get three days of sleep, a lifetime of proud memories and a full recovery. This stuff blows my mind!
Wish I lived in CO
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Wish I lived in CO »

Wow.

Hard to know what to say as words cannot express the effort, endurance, pain, persistence, and sheer will that you displayed. Rest well in the knowledge that you gave absolutely everything you had to give. Thats an accomplishment few can boast. Thanks for the inspiration. But like I started, after having tried to write eloquent words, my gut response reponse are simple words like:

Wow. Awesome. Amazing.

Edit - Im sure your team is way ahead on this but aftet speaking with a hand therapist apparently internal compartment syndrome can be very serious and medical attention sooner than later please consider.

Rest up rest well bad dad.
Last edited by Wish I lived in CO on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2
jeremy27
14ers: 36  3 
13ers: 67 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jeremy27 »

Awesome achievement. Congrats to Andrew and the crew.
deb_5280
14ers: 7 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by deb_5280 »

I woke up in the middle of the night again to check Andrew's progress, and was sad to see that the team decided to call the "quest". What an amazing adventure this has been to follow, from a desk, this past week. To read about everyone, Andrew, James, Andrea, Natalie, kids, rest of the support crew, and those incredible people who hiked with Andrew, you are all simply, one of a kind.
Rest your body, heal it up....you only get one body :-). Enjoy your kids. And know that what you've done physically and emotionally has inspired many. Congrats to you and your team for showing what a team can do together. To the rest of the 14er community, your support has been awesome. Homie and Cavedog, you are classy gentlemen.

Be well, climb on.
mattingley
14ers: 45 
13ers: 69
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mattingley »

Great job Andrew and team! We enjoyed watching your inspirational journey all week!
dsunwall
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 399
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dsunwall »

Thanks for sharing this excellent adventure with us Andrew, the goal is obviously an extremely difficult one, 48 out of 58 in less than 10 days is a worthy accomplishment. I hope others will attempt this in the future, no need to worry about not finishing, like some other sports, pole vaulting for example (maybe not the best example) it's how high/far you get that counts and it does count for a lot. The fine effort is admirable enough, everyone seems to respect that greatly.
Last edited by dsunwall on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Congratulations Andrew on a super human feat. I hope you are able to heal completely from this. This has been exciting. For most of us climbing fourteeners on consecutive days is a big deal. To keep going around the clock for 10 days is beyond what most bodies will take. Last year with Homie and now with your latest run, we are seeing Cave Dog's record could stand for a long time. We can see a great athlete can go at record pace, but to do it through 58 fourteeners is the question. Congratulations again. =D>
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert