Pikes Peak Winter Ascent?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jeremy27
14ers: 36  3 
13ers: 67 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Pikes Peak Winter Ascent?

Post by jeremy27 »

FireOnTheMountain wrote:You could crash the add-a-man douche bag party on the 1st :lol:

I shouldn't hate, they probably pretty cool guys.

http://www.adaman.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are very cool guys. Not pretentious in the least. And they brave terrible conditions some years to light fireworks off for all the city to enjoy. Nice guys and fireworks. Whats not to like?
briancolopy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by briancolopy »

Planning to summit Pikes Peak on Monday, December 23. Looking for folks to join me. The weather is looking great!
SherpaSara
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 282 8 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SherpaSara »

A couple of winters ago, I did an ascent of Pikes by going up from the Crags, enjoyed some chilli in the summit house, and descended Barr Trail to the A-frame to camp overnight. The next morning I descended to Barr Camp, where I scored some spare pancakes that the boy scout group that was up there didn't eat, then it was out to the Barr TH by noon. I've summitted Pikes 7 times now, with numerous trips on both the Barr and the Crags area, and this trip still remains one of my favorite ever. The summit was still a bit crowded with the train people, but I had the rest of the mountain to myself. The city lights of C.Spgs and sunrise the next day from the A-Frame were very memorable. The only downside is needing to shuttle.