Four-Pass Loop Conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
usfgal
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Four-Pass Loop Conditions?

Post by usfgal »

Just ran it yesterday--the entire route is snow-free. You can see some snow, but none of it is on the trail. It is an awesome route! If you're backpacking, bring poles. Water crossings are no big deal, but you might want to take off your shoes for a few of them.
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Some of you run the Four Pass Loop.

I run to Trader Joes for dark chocolate mints and Daisy Cutter Pale Ale.
please rotate your device
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

Hungry Jack wrote:I run to Trader Joes for dark chocolate mints and Daisy Cutter Pale Ale.
Well if you live in CO, thats one hell of a run! :wft:
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
thebeave7
14ers: 58 
13ers: 127
Trip Reports (25)

Post by thebeave7 »

FireOnTheMountain wrote:
Hungry Jack wrote:I run to Trader Joes for dark chocolate mints and Daisy Cutter Pale Ale.
Well if you live in CO, thats one hell of a run! :wft:
Seriously, bring me back some Dark Chocolate, they have a really nice 80% dark Columbian bar that's delicious.

Back to the original question, I ran the 4pass last Saturday (7/20), conditions are great on the route. You'll probably get your feet wet a few times on the back side, but no big deal. Plenty of water to treat/filter, flowers are at/near peak so bring the camera. Enjoy.

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs
toekramp
14ers: 29 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by toekramp »

Hungry Jack wrote:Some of you run the Four Pass Loop.

I run to Trader Joes for dark chocolate mints and Daisy Cutter Pale Ale.
Where is this Trader Joes with Daisy Cutter at????? I thought I had to be in Chicago!
The true traveler is he who goes on foot, and even then, he sits down a lot of the time.
Colette
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Glad to see that some of you sympathize with my predicament.

Yes--I shop at TJs in Chicago.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

After a very slow construction beginning, the Denver Colorado Ave TJ is progressing well towards its end of 2013 opening.