Snow camping practice 12/11-12/12

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
llamaman
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Snow camping practice 12/11-12/12

Post by llamaman »

Oh man, that looks like it was fun. Those pictures make me wish I had joined you guys. I hope you'll do another one this winter!
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

To all who were on this trip....I've uploaded my photos:

http://gallery.me.com/globalreality#gallery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Feel free do download any you may want. These are the full-size, uncompressed/unaltered picture files.

Anybody else got photos they'd be willing to share?
zoriloco
14ers: 18  1 
Trip Reports (16)

Post by zoriloco »

I usually just throw all my food in one of the packs compartments. But I like the idea of putting all food in a Zip lock bag to be able to bring it inside the tent during winter camping trips.

I also learned I need a better down jacket. The one I took worked fine, but it was just to damn big. Also learned I need to start training with weight. Once I had my full pack on the back it slowed me down way to much.
Dad Mike
14ers: 58  5  58 
13ers: 349 3 77
Trip Reports (59)

Post by Dad Mike »

I had a great time this past weekend. Thanks to Steve for putting this trip together... to Britt for finding a great place for us to stay on Friday night...to Keifer & Darin for not snoring...and to Cooper for reminding me that I may be fast, but not fast enough. : )

Here are my pictures....there's 27 of them.

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumb ... =snapfish/

It's a link to snapfish. I think you'll need to sign in or create an account to view them. If anyone wants a hard copy of any of these pics just let me know and I'll email them to you.

Mike
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Mad Mike wrote:I had a great time this past weekend. Thanks to Steve for putting this trip together... to Britt for finding a great place for us to stay on Friday night...to Keifer & Darin for not snoring...and to Cooper for reminding me that I may be fast, but not fast enough. : )

Here are my pictures....there's 27 of them.

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumb ... =snapfish/

It's a link to snapfish. I think you'll need to sign in or create an account to view them. If anyone wants a hard copy of any of these pics just let me know and I'll email them to you.

Mike
Thanks Mike for sharing your photos! You've got some great one's! I loved the s-curve of climbers coming up by the notch!

I tried to get a photo of you as you went by, but all I saw was a blurr...and you were gone!... as I tried to get out my camera!