2011 CFI Projects

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

2011 CFI Projects

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

In addition to minor trail work on various peaks, the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative (CFI) has three major construction/restoration projects planned for 2011. To better inform the public of these planned projects, here's some information and photos related to each:

North Maroon Peak
Maroon Peak
Mt. of the Holy Cross (link coming soon)

I'm really excited to see work being planned for the Bells!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
centrifuge
14ers: 57  1  2 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (33)

Re: 2011 CFI Projects

Post by centrifuge »

how does one go about volunteering to help with these projects?
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Check out their site (14ers.ORG) or use the contact info by hovering your mouse over the CFI logo graphic on those new pages that I posted.
Thanks!!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
mattpayne11
14ers: 58 
13ers: 111
Trip Reports (48)

Post by mattpayne11 »

Awesome pages and promotion Bill. I hope they do a peak steward training in Colorado Springs someday =D>
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

That climber trail up North Maroon to the rock glacier is a disaster. It will be great to see that fixed. I didn't think Maroon Peak was nearly as bad but still a good idea to get it in better shape.
shredthegnar10
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (5)

Post by shredthegnar10 »

God, I hope they do something to fix the Maroon Peak trail. Hiking up that isn't terrible (other than getting slightly off-route at times), but coming down it is a b!tch and a half.
Most things worth doing are difficult, dangerous, expensive, or all three.