finally arrived

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info.
j83soldier
14er Checklist (13)
14ers Skied (1)
14ers in Winter (2)

finally arrived

Postby j83soldier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 am

the hindu kush are a amazing mountain chain, to bad all i am doing for a year is sitting at 7000 feet staring at the mountains instead of playing on them. Alot of yall ask for my adress so here it is

joshua ross
apache troop, tf 3-61 cav
(2nd platoon, OP Mace)
fob bostick
APO AE 09354

Enjoy this summer in colorado everyone take care and have fun bagging peaks!!!
sburke16
14er Checklist Not Entered

Re: finally arrived

Postby sburke16 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:59 am

j83soldier wrote:the hindu kush are a amazing mountain chain, to bad all i am doing for a year is sitting at 7000 feet staring at the mountains instead of playing on them. Alot of yall ask for my adress so here it is

joshua ross
apache troop, tf 3-61 cav
(2nd platoon, OP Mace)
fob bostick
APO AE 09354

Enjoy this summer in colorado everyone take care and have fun bagging peaks!!!

Good luck. Come home safe, healthy, and ready to climb.
mtgirl
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (102)

Postby mtgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 am

Have you read "Halfway to Heaven" yet ? It's a book very recently written by "Oman" from this website about his quest to climb all the 14ers. Great book ! I just finished reading it and will mail you my copy for you to keep and enjoy during your downtime in Afghanistan. Let me know and I'll get it mailed out by the weekend.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
j83soldier
14er Checklist (13)
14ers Skied (1)
14ers in Winter (2)

Postby j83soldier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 pm

no i havent read it yet, surprising though seeing how ive been reading like a madman latley (funny though still cant spell, must be the alabama in me) I love a new read to pass the time
Johnson
14er Checklist (58)
13er Checklist (41)

Postby Johnson » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm

We ought to send you a copy. Let's coordinate so he doesn't get 200 copies!! :D
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
covfrrider
14er Checklist (30)
14ers Skied (3)
13er Checklist (3)

Postby covfrrider » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm

I think it's already been coordinated... ;)
Presto
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (6)
13er Checklist (308)

Postby Presto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Hey, Joshua, what types of things do you like to snack on? 8)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
mtgirl
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (102)

Postby mtgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Consider it done, Joshua. I will mail the book out right away. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ! Be safe over there.

As I've said before, you and your fellow soldiers are my heroes. I know I speak for many by saying we're proud to be Americans and owe our military men & women so much for their continued sacrifices. =D>
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
j83soldier
14er Checklist (13)
14ers Skied (1)
14ers in Winter (2)

Postby j83soldier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm

im gonna be honest anything sent to me my soldier will raid way before i get to it. I have a 9 guys under me and their biggest requests are things like jerky, twinkies and cake things like that, any ramen noodle add hot water and heat type food, gadorade powder ect. we are in a pretty remote area uhh no laundry, running water ect so any old magizines to read or snack food is great my soldiers would really appreiciate it
gsliva
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby gsliva » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Joshua, be safe and thanks for serving. Freeze dried beer, now that would be nice. I've had lots of discussions while hiking that we could make millions if we could invent it.
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.
Presto
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (6)
13er Checklist (308)

Postby Presto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Consider it done, Joshua. And, I hear ya on the "getting raided" comment. :D The last two boxes I sent to Iraq went to two guys who "willingly" shared the starburst, yellow fish crackers, etc. with everyone else :wink: . I'll get you a box sent out within the next few weeks. God Bless and Happy Trails! :D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Return to “14ers”