Spring Training

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Chicalorado
14er Checklist (11)
13er Checklist (2)

Re: Spring Training

Postby Chicalorado » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Oman wrote:
Chicalorado wrote:Oman, are you a Cards fan, or just stirring the pot? :?:

Oh no, even worse! :fight:
"There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone."
~Grateful Dead

"Please me have no regrets..."
Chicago Transplant
14er Checklist (56)
14ers Skied (10)
14ers in Winter (23)
13er Checklist (575)

Postby Chicago Transplant » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:49 pm

The funny thing is I actually like both teams. My dad is a lifelong Sox fan and mom is a lifelong Cubs fan, seeing as we spent a good deal of my childhood (from ages 4-19) living out of state, I never knew I was supposed to "choose" one. To me they are both Chicago teams and therefore are better than any other baseball team in my book. The thing I never understood is the number of Cubs fans that root for the Yankees.... eeewwwww! I lived in upstate NY for a while, and I can tell you the reverse is not the case.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
fleetmack
14er Checklist (39)
13er Checklist (2)

Postby fleetmack » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 pm

it's the year of the Royals. Who will have the breakout year? Will Teahen, Gordon, or Butler finally step into their own? Will Kila Ka'aihue emerge? Will Ryan Shealy play this year and crank out 35HR's? Will Zack Greinke win the Cy Young award? Will Gil Meche remain Mr. Consistent? Will Brian Bannister come out of his sophomore slump he had last year? Will Jose Guillen kill everyone on the team in a random act of rage? The answer to all of these: Yes.
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor
CorduroyCalves
14er Checklist (15)
13er Checklist (1)

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:24 am

Having spent most of my life in New Hampshire, I'm gunning for the Red Sox. Not getting T-Rod was a big blow, but they've still got great pitching and a good offense. It'll be interesting to see if the Rays can keep the magic they had in '08.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
jaymz
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby jaymz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am

Baseball = wonderful!!! Can't wait to hit up some Rox games this summer. For me, it's such a wonderful feeling every spring when opening day happens.

Chicago Transplant wrote:So true! I flinch every time they talk about the Cubs going all the way! I am actually hoping the the addition of Milton Bradley will put some fire in their bellies, they need someone with an attitude :D

What?! Milton Bradley is no longer a Ranger? This makes me sad. How did I not hear of this? He's a great player, even if he is somewhat of a drama queen. I'm sure he'll do great things for the Cubs.
Papillon wrote:There's nothing worse than having your team basically out of it before Memorial Day - makes for a long sports summer.

I know the feeling. The past 2 or 3 or 25 years of being a Rangers fan has been a little difficult -- except for '96,'98 and '99, when they made the playoffs... and won a grand total of one postseason game in that span -- the first one (screw you, Yankees).
fleetmack wrote:it's the year of the Royals. Who will have the breakout year? Will Teahen, Gordon, or Butler finally step into their own? Will Kila Ka'aihue emerge? Will Ryan Shealy play this year and crank out 35HR's? Will Zack Greinke win the Cy Young award? Will Gil Meche remain Mr. Consistent? Will Brian Bannister come out of his sophomore slump he had last year? Will Jose Guillen kill everyone on the team in a random act of rage? The answer to all of these: Yes.

Good one! I'd actually like to see the Royals do well for a change.
CorduroyCalves wrote:Having spent most of my life in New Hampshire, I'm gunning for the Red Sox.

Boo. :wink:
"Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy." - Psalm 98:8
"Nature is a choir..." - Timothy Keller
covfrrider
14er Checklist (30)
14ers Skied (3)
13er Checklist (3)

Postby covfrrider » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:02 am

covfrrider wrote:Cubs good, but not good enough, again!

Manny lands back with the boys in Blue, Dodgers/Angels for the Series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj9z1AylaGfQ7aCJX.AgJmU5nYcB?slug=ap-dodgers-ramirez&prov=ap&type=lgns

Genius I tell you! ;)
CorduroyCalves
14er Checklist (15)
13er Checklist (1)

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:26 pm

covfrrider wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj9z1AylaGfQ7aCJX.AgJmU5nYcB?slug=ap-dodgers-ramirez&prov=ap&type=lgns

Genius I tell you! ;)

You and 95% of baseball fans.

Too bad you aren't as politically-savvy as you are baseball-savvy, eh? :-k

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
covfrrider
14er Checklist (30)
14ers Skied (3)
13er Checklist (3)

Postby covfrrider » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 am

CorduroyCalves wrote:
covfrrider wrote:

Genius I tell you! ;)

You and 95% of baseball fans.

Too bad you aren't as politically-savvy as you are baseball-savvy, eh? :-k

Funny you say that, as when I wrote it a couple of weeks ago, nobody thought Manny was going back to the Blue.

As far as your comment about being politically savvy... oh nevermind, anybody that doesn't agree with your Obamanation isn't savvy... I get it. :roll:
CorduroyCalves
14er Checklist (15)
13er Checklist (1)

Postby CorduroyCalves » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 pm

rustic wrote:CC are you going to buy the new VW CC?

http://www.vw.com/cc/en/us/?sem=211885923;

no i'm not interested in their late models that much they started looking too generic in the late 90s i prefer older ones right now we own an 83 westy popup camper we bought it when we first moved to colorado it does well but its starting to get a little small for our family so were thinking of switching to tent camping we have our vehicles paid off now and given the state of things id just as soon not have to make another car payment anytime soon but i appreciate the question.

Westerngal
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby Westerngal » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 pm

In a perfect world it would be the Rays and Cubs in the Series.
fleetmack
14er Checklist (39)
13er Checklist (2)

Postby fleetmack » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:41 pm

get.kyle.farnsworth.off.my.team.NOW
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor
Papillon
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (31)
13er Checklist (323)

Postby Papillon » Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Is Tulowitzki the second coming of Joe Charboneau? The guy was hitting .152 last year before the injury. He was down to .167 last week but has gone on a mini-tear of late and is up to .208.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs

Return to “14ers”