Bolivia Guides

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mile-HI-brugg
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Bolivia Guides

Post by mile-HI-brugg »

We are going to make a trip to Bolivia. Very excited! I was wondering what guide services one might recommend for climbing the normal peaks like Huyan Potosi and Illimani? I appreciate any input.
SteveBonowski
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Bolivia Guides

Post by SteveBonowski »

I've used Marco at Bolivian Journeys three times for CMC trips; in 2006, 2011, 2013. Have been pleased with the service. Be aware, though, that his main guides don't have much English knowledge. But I think it's always respectful to have some Spanish anyway. Feel free to PM me if you want more info; I'm around until the 25th when I leave for Aconcagua. You can also mention my name if you want, and that I recommended them. Steve

boljour@entelnet.bo

http://www.bolivianjourneys.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ulvetano
14ers: 58  10  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

We did Pequeno Alpamayo and Illimani with Inca Land Tours and they were awesome in all aspects.
mile-HI-brugg
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mile-HI-brugg »

Thanks for the info. I will look into these suggestions. I have seen some good reports on Bolivian Mountain Guides. Does anyone have experience with them?
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Jayson is a good guy. Tell him Frank sent you.

http://crestedbutteguides.com/bolivia-mountaineering/