Mt. Logan Spring 2012

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mountainfreak241
Trip Reports (0)

Mt. Logan Spring 2012

Post by mountainfreak241 »

Hey there! I am looking for partners for an ascent of Mt. Logan in 2012. I love this area and climbed the peak in 2002 and am interested in returning.

This trip is geared towards die-hard AT or tele skiers who are confident traveling in glacial terrain and who are cool with being on ski gear for 20+ days and camping in ridiculously cold conditions with the occasional spell of superb weather.

As you may know, Mt. Logan is the highest peak in Canada and 2nd highest in N. America. and a truly astounding area with hundreds of unclimbed peaks.

Access would be via air-taxi from Haines Junction or Chitina, AK.

Estimated costs are 2-3K per person. Probably an early May departure, returning early June.

If you are interested, feel free to email me directly at mountainlight241@hotmail.com
"I go to the Wind Rivers, more than the other ranges I know, to experience mountains in their totality." - Joe Kelsey
Matt Lemke
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 116 11
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Mt. Logan Spring 2012

Post by Matt Lemke »

That's insane! =D>

Me...I'd be content to just get a "glimpse" of that mountain. Way over my head.
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"
Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

You might get some interest if the road to the trailhead is maintained in the winter and providing there isn't a meagre amount of snow.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Dang, I wish I could join you.

Good luck with your climb and hopefully you find some partners.
You might get some interest if the road to the trailhead is maintained in the winter
I think the only time you can fly in there is before late June. Most people climb May and early June.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

If Logan doesn't work out for you, I have something you might be interested in. We'll be up there about the same time.
climbing_rob
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbing_rob »

Doug Shaw wrote:You might get some interest if the road to the trailhead is maintained in the winter and providing there isn't a meagre amount of snow.
????

Anyway, that CMC trip is not a skiers trip, as far as I know, but the guy running it can speak up if I have that wrong.