Moab and Arches National Park

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Scott P
14er Checklist (46)
14ers in Winter (16)
13er Checklist (30)

Postby Scott P » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm thinking about going there next weekend (3/15-3/17) but most hotels look booked or overpriced b/c of the marathon. Anyone have any other recommendations on places to stay?

Once you leave Moab, for the most part there isn't any private land for miles around (with a just few exceptions). There are designated camp sites along the COlorado River.

Moab also has a hostel; the Lazy Lizard if it's not booked (it may be).

http://www.lazylizardhostel.com/html/prices.html

For primitive camping, you can camp about anywhere other than along designated Sand Flats or the Colorado River, where you must stay in certain areas. Willow Springs Road is always a good bet.
mtgirl
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (102)

Postby mtgirl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:08 pm

CODave - There's a KOA Campground just a couple miles south of Moab. I stayed there when I ran the race last year and rented one of those camping cabins. Cheap, clean showers, and close to town.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
CG_old
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby CG_old » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:36 pm

I've rented condos/houses from these folks before:

http://www.moabutahlodging.com/

So far, the places have been older homes and condos with kitchens, clean, in good condition. Good for a larger group or family.
ktimm
14er Checklist (24)
13er Checklist (25)

Postby ktimm » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:41 pm

I'll be in the area this weekend as well. Weather looks great. Hope to do some hikes into Canyonlands.

Return to “USA - Other Peaks”